Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sad that people are gonna send her research they've actually spent time on only for her to at best completely ignore it, at worst use it as her own

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
Honestly I predict this last at most a week, she will get her arse handed to her, someone better will come along with FACTS!

It will come to nothing and next weekend we will be howling over a different chaos!

As some earlier said you don't have to be smart to write an essay but research especially to this degree will take along time. It's taken her ten years to get this far and that just with recepits from one bargain supermarket when there is tonnes.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm screaming at her thinking she has a snowball in hell's chance of finishing this by the end of the weekend, considering she couldn't finish writing her regurgitated slop manual with almost a year's worth of deadline extensions, or even post the one recipe she promised to the other day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
This price index thing she's making.

Exhibit 1

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 19.54.35.png

It IS a huge job, she's not wrong

Exhibit 2

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 19.53.55.png

It'll take a weekend.

Huge/big/complicated job v it'll take a weekend.

Make it make sense.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
She's written for the Graun... sorry if it's already been posted
The Guardian: We’re pricing the poor out of food in the UK – that’s why I’m launching my own price index.
Suffering duck, what a pile of shite. So stock cubes have gone up in price over the last decade along with everything else (Aldi stock cubes 35p btw). The bigger issue is why have wages not gone up. If we want to pay farmers a fair price then food must go up but then so must wages and benefits. All she has done is repeat herself over and over. She is not going anywhere, she writes. Clinging on to her 5 seconds of fane abd those precious patrons more like.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
You know what takes a weekend to pull together?

Pulling a Friday-Sunday all-nighter to bash out as many Office USs as you can.

Now that is A HUGE JOB.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
This price index thing she's making.

Exhibit 1

View attachment 1008035

It IS a huge job, she's not wrong

Exhibit 2

View attachment 1008036

It'll take a weekend.

Huge/big/complicated job v it'll take a weekend.

Make it make sense.
Why is she ripping off a famous character from a loved book.

Love please stop ruining things and for once come up with a title on your own.

Also I am not professor but one supermarkets worth of recepits would maybe get her a third at dissertation level at best.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I think the supermarkets are ignoring her. She’s not that well know, people aren’t going to stop buying food because of that she says.
now if Marcus was saying it….

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Suffering duck, what a pile of shite. So stock cubes have gone up in price over the last decade along with everything else (Aldi stock cubes 35p btw). The bigger issue is why have wages not gone up. If we want to pay farmers a fair price then food must go up but then so must wages and benefits. All she has done is repeat herself over and over. She is not going anywhere, she writes. Clinging on to her 5 seconds of fane abd those precious patrons more like.
Speaking of which, she now has 255. I think thats 4 more today.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
She doesn’t care about wages. She isn’t salaried.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
How relevant is this theory, when coming a woman with an overabundance of (ugly) shoes...
How relevant is this theory anyway? When applied to food?
It sounds very pat and clever but I can't understand its application to something like for eg rice?
Good quality food will last the same time as poorer quality food won't it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Grunking but i would like to apologize. Sainsburys website had the stock cubes listed but I did not see the "not currently available" text.

Honest mistake m'lud

Still grunking, but we have a reddit squiggle (riggle?) No other posts though.

Screenshot_20220122-200613.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
Can’t believe I’ve just had to have a conversation with what’s essentially a JOB induced squiggle - and even worse we’re married.

I said don’t you think if that (the savings comment) was true we’d be bleeping hemmorhaging money? Don’t you think we’d have noticed?! And he said no because we can afford it it’s worse for poor people - like this tit is insane? Jack is creating this idea that you’ve got poor poor Dickensian urchins of people or billionaires, *everyone* has a finite amount of cash that price fluctuations eat into??? Every budget is harmed by inflation, obviously it’s worse when it’s heating or eating and not heating or a city break but nevertheless this isn’t some conspiracy as she pushes!!

I also asked the price of some household goods and he told me what I assume was the 1999 prices of them - so in the nicest way this is someone who can’t even do a fag packet fact check re: the 344%.

I said look it’s okay if you agree with her but please do the research eg King Chris, academic peer reviewed research and he goes “oh I’m not reading all that”. This is who Jack’s content is for - lazy but well intentioned liberals who don’t get it but desperately wish they did. And Jack’s spreading misinformation to them!!!

I honestly don’t know what to do with the de-programming, I feel like an anti vaxxer? Like are we insane?!!! This is so clearly bollocks she’s not substantiated ANY of these claims, how has this been given the legs it has?!?!?!
Had a very similar, mind-shrivelling convo with my love. It’s the overarching unfairness and mistrust of the elite and JM is giving it some air time. Neither of us like performative BS or appropriation so I just asked my partner to fact check JM broadly (she loves a fact check). She looks like I did when I first realised it (JMs mumblings) is all utter shoite.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.