Jack Monroe #243 She isn't poor, she chooses not to work

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grrrrr...
Looks like you should get another job mate. How can you teach economics and not be abreast of this? Would you not feel mortified that you simply didn’t notice because you’re well off that a big part of your job you just didn’t know? It took someone who has never studied economics, has half a GCSE , doesn’t pay taxes and stupidly ruined their brexit vote this pretty much contributing to the biggest dick kick to the economy to open your eyes to this?

or am I being ignorant?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
Not massively related to Jack, as such, but someone pointed out that if Rishi (mate) becomes PM he will be the richest ever PM, even including the literal aristocrats in the 19th Century when accounting for inflation.

• Wow
Reactions: 49
Thank you fellow fraus for your forensic analysis of the Monrollacoaster events of the past couple of days.

Must admit, I’m finding it hard going. Skipped over most of the last thread as just couldn’t stomach the recycled lies. Her ONE visit to a food bank (as she’s admitted herself), the baby milk lie (SB was a toddler not a babe in arms) and the new oxo cube nibbling pronouncement.

Know I’m repeating what many others have already said - the ‘lived experience’ from 10 years ago, dredged up and exaggerated AGAIN! No-one is fact checking and a literal (real) economics expert shouted down by the povo princess’ cult members.

She was never poor. She had a supportive baby father and prosperous parents living nearby. She’s said herself that her mum arrived with shopping as soon as her friend from the church foodbank told her about her daughter’s predicament.

All self inflicted and in no way comparable to the situations people in poverty are living NOW. But she is the acceptable face of poverty for the chattering classes/media.

We know there’ll be a new Potatoes essay…kerching ££££££

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Not massively related to Jack, as such, but someone pointed out that if Rishi (mate) becomes PM he will be the richest ever PM, even including the literal aristocrats in the 19th Century when accounting for inflation.
If?

Very glad the HMO chat was on the other thread. It is my Mastermind topic. Don’t worry cabal, no thread streams will be crossed.

So James today. Wonder how she has prepared? A night of searching on the internet for food prices and furious typing on the wooden calculator or looking on the JL website for what she can buy next with the “3 comment piece” money? A quick look suggests to me

A new duvet cover?

A new rug to replace the sentient rug of doom?

Some candles to relax and for self care after all this chaos?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I personally think he would be spun as being naive and out of touch by his opponents in the Tory party which you don't want in a leader to follow on from Boris.

It will probably be between him, Truss, Patel and some randoms.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I personally think he would be spun as being naive and out of touch by his opponents in the Tory party which you don't want in a leader to follow on from Boris.

It will probably be between him, Truss, Patel and some randoms.
I think this country is still waaaaaay too racist to accept either Sunak or Patel.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I can't deal with people quote tweeting with tit like 'Jack Monroe is a global treasure'. For what, exactly? A Twitter thread? Genuine question squigs, what does she do? Are you not paying attention? Do you not see the neverending cycle of drama, manipulation and grifting?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
What sort of fun are we expecting today? Challenging caller on LBC? (Is it a call in show?) Redecorating the "loo" for future interviews? Grey broccoli pasta recipe?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I've kept extremely quiet about this due to deeply personal reasons. It's one of the mains reasons I took a break from the thread a few months ago as I found the discussions around it triggering and needed some time to restock and book into an aparthotel.

My name is ChocolateMuffin and I have two vintage rag rugs.

I love them and I'm not even sorry.

I WOULD, HOWEVER, NOT DREAM OF PUTTING ONE IN A KITCHEN OR EVEN DOWNSTAIRS IN A HIGH TRAFFIC AREA. Absolute proof if ever we needed it that she's a wrong un.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
I've kept extremely quiet about this due to deeply personal reasons. It's one of the mains reasons I took a break from the thread a few months ago as I found the discussions around it triggering and needed some time to restock and book into an aparthotel.

I WOULD, HOWEVER, NOT DREAM OF PUTTING ONE IN A KITCHEN OR EVEN DOWNSTAIRS IN A HIGH TRAFFIC AREA. Absolute proof if ever we needed it that she's a wrong un.
Can I ask a question?

how do your rag rugs fare being hoovered under the gentle setting?

• Haha
Reactions: 71

My partner is Spanish and his (extremely hard working, always seeking side projects) mother has a rug (handmade by her) in both their kitchens (very common in Spain to have a summer and winter kitchen upstairs and downstairs because of heat). They're taped but I still worry!! She says it's fine but I am paranoid! That said, she does also cook amazing food and lots of it would be super affordable compared to UK or Ireland (where we live).....we had lobster risotto twice over Xmas cos you can get it for less than a tenner in their local fishmonger!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
My partner is Spanish and his (extremely hard working, always seeking side projects) mother has a rug (handmade by her) in both their kitchens (very common in Spain to have a summer and winter kitchen upstairs and downstairs because of heat). They're taped but I still worry!! She says it's fine but I am paranoid!
I bet Jack wishes she was Spanish and had 2 kitchens (inside)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Hi Guys! Here I am, loving life in my Jack-free zone….then they announce she’s the next guest on Good Morning Britain

Off to save myself and switch channels!! ❤

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.