Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
We need a bingo card.

How long until she's on about taking out all her lightbulbs and selling them? While keeping hold of many valuable items
Or writing poetry to keep her hands warm.
Those are the two examples that cemented to me how full of it she is. Proper middle class persons fantasy of what being poor is like.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Jack drank the formula milk the foodbank gave her baby. So Jack admits that she actually took the food out of a baby's mouth.

Lower than a snakes belly.

She also had no presents for him at Christmas, but, did have cheap lager for herself.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Bovril drink is fabulous just saying.

Yes Jackie I have taken my last tenner out of the bank many years ago to buy essentials to keep me going.
I also just like you had and still have a safety net of parents I can turn too who will help me at the drop of a eye patch.

I'll never understand what true poverty is and neither will you but I give back whereas you rattle,rattle,rattle and buy tit you don't need.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I'm not sure why FKA twigs was mentioned earlier, but I've been picturing jack having two weeks on repeat all morning in the crappy bungalow while the endorphins flow and she refreshes to see twitter impressions. In my head she's hit stop now

• Haha
Reactions: 24
LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. This is not the case at your local branch of ASDA.

“This time last year, the cheapest rice at the same supermarket was 45p for a kilogram bag. Today it’s £1 for 500g. That’s a 344% price increase as it hits the poorest and most vulnerable households."

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
How can she have 'literal receipts' from 10 years, when they're printed on thermal paper and last a max of about 1-5 years IF stored properly (we know she's not got expertise in this area.)
So I guess she has them scanned on to her laptop, except... Oh. No, that was stolen. So maybe they're saved onto her cloud... But... Oh, no didn't she lose her actual book draft because she hadn't backed anything up?

.... Odd 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
What has Jack using a sock as a sanitary towel got to do with anything?
And why won't someone ask her about her years of purchasing alcohol in all this time? That feels like a low blow but she is being completely ridiculous - just because the grownups are asking to see her workings.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
If you haven't used a sock as a sanitary towel you aren't allowed to be the economics editor of the financial times, sorry thats the rules. Quite specific but I didnt make them.

• Haha
Reactions: 112
Triggering and re-traumatising people all over her mentions, in a pointless attempt to win an argument*. It's horrible to watch.

Edit* where she's obviously in the wrong, so clearly exploiting them for her own ends.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.