Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you haven't used a sock as a sanitary towel you aren't allowed to be the economics editor of the financial times, sorry thats the rules. Quite specific but I didnt make them.
Oh god i want this for a thread title: THREAD TITLE NOMINATION

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
If you ever went hungry a day in your life, Jack (which I do not believe you ever did), and particularly if you ever let SB go hungry, you did it on purpose. Either out of pride or to punish your parents (which is what I personally believe was happening). Rotten person.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
The basic point is fine, CPI isn't a great measure for every circumstance/income level etc. But it's not supposed to be. It's an average. And that price increases hit the poorest the most. But as I said before, it's not food prices. It's housing costs and lack of pay/benefits increases for years and years.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Sadly I don't think this is due to 3188 people calling out the blatant hypocrisy of spaffing £100 on cutlery then bleating about poverty, more's the pity!

1642691272287.png

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Sorry, but this poverty top trumps that she's playing on twitter - complete with the equally boring comments - it just doesn't land in the way they all would like to imagine. It all just sounds performative.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
My family were poor when I was growing up. I then had a period of relative affluence, then lost it all. So, no Jack, I won't sit down and listen to YOU, everyone's experiences are individual. Not everyone experiences poverty in the way you did (if you ever did).

Not everyone shops at ASDA, in fact it is the only store that isn't really convenient for me. And if their prices have risen by 344% I am so glad it is not my local store. Though how ASDA can raise it's prices so dramatically and still stay in business, while others keep them down is beyond me.

Unless of course it is all hyperbolic nonsense.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
If you ever went hungry a day in your life, Jack (which I do not believe you ever did), and particularly if you ever let SB go hungry, you did it on purpose. Either out of pride or to punish your parents (which is what I personally believe was happening). Rotten person.
Yes exactly. She had her parents and her son's father on hand. According to her all loving and kind people. But she chose to subject her child to hunger. Not his choice. Her's.
Other people don't even have that choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I have been with you fraus und herren every step of the way since just before DKL. You have kept me going through the madness of the last couple of years.

I finally snapped and made an account because...SHE LITERALLY BOUGHT A NEW TV LAST YEAR, right?! She mentioned it was left on the doorstep and she was surprised it wasn't stolen??

Argh, there is (obviously) SO much more to say but I couldn't put it better than you dear hearts have already.

Now duck off xxxx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 119
It's poverty top trumps and she needs to be Queen.

It's sickening and goulish that her followers are cheering her on and recalling their own horrid experiences ( which she'll file ) yet she's rattling the jar.

Not for a hot second do I believe she shits herself at the checkout.

• Angry
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.