Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why is she on the school run? i thought SB gallivanted around fields with his mates after school until dinner time, like a character in a nostalgic american film from the 1980s?
What schools finish at 2.30pm? (Genuinely, child free and have no clue - I thought they finished at like, 3.15?)

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Jack has kept receipts for the past 10 years has she? When she lived in West London with Allegra she travelled all the way to ASDA Southend just for completeness. She fed Allegra on bollock sausages and cheap white sliced bread and smart price beans.

I smell something, and it isn't a Charlie Bigham's ready meal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
I'm still behind, but I don't understand how in god's name she can say a kilo of rice at £1.18 is overpriced. How much do you think the rice farmer gets from that? Stop campaigning for cheap food. Campaign for everyone to have enough so they can pay fair prices for food. duck, this is really getting to me. I've lived in some countries where people are truly living hand to mouth. The kind of poverty that thankfully really doesn't exist in Europe. By demanding that we have everything cheap, cheap, cheap we are hurting other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
People need to stop questioning her figures, she employs an accountant, she knows what she is talking about! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 46
What schools finish at 2.30pm? (Genuinely, child free and have no clue - I thought they finished at like, 3.15?)
you are correct! and i don't know any other parent of an 11 year old who still has a school run, kids at that age usually get home on their own. My own kid would pretend she didn't know me if I showed up this afternoon. So basically Jack is lying to....guilt trip the economic editor of the financial times? who bleeping knows.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
My high school child finishes at 2.30pm. He'd rather eat bollock sausages than let me walk on to meet him at the gates.

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
I hate anyone that says this phrase.

But "I'm screaming" that the economics editor of the FT is now joining in.

Not that it needs that level to know something is up when she's pretending these two are the same item:

1642689711668.png

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
Jack has kept receipts for the past 10 years has she? When she lived in West London with Allegra she travelled all the way to ASDA Southend just for completeness. She fed Allegra on bollock sausages and cheap white sliced bread and smart price beans.

I smell something, and it isn't a Charlie Bigham's ready meal.
Asda 10 years ago.
Completed mate 👌 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 39
So you drank your babies formula rather than ask your rich af parents for help.

Of course you did, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.