Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The issue I have is that Jack is partially correct in how food price and heating costs hits the lowest paid disproportionately BUT because her food price examples are WRONG and easily disproved that will be the defence from anyone with half a brain who wishes to counter her argument
Key metres and prepayment cards being so much more expensive than other tariffs - especially as fuel prices are going up.
I know I say it every time but she could bring some attention to it - Octopus 🐙 - hasn’t gone bust yet.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Yep she said hers had been cut off, she must have unlimited data on her phones, no PAYG for mackie, contract all the way
She says she has poor credit from aeons ago so can’t get anything on tick yet has an iPhone 12/13
So must have either lied or bought it upfront for a PAYG contract.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Personally if I were truly passionate about a cause I would really research and analyse it properly and not just spaff out easy tweets about it ‘on the school run’, but that’s just me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
She hasn't slept, had the energy to rearrange the kitchen, made baked prunes this morning :sick: , still on Twitter 24 hours later, sniffing and snorting through an interview, overconfident in her abilities, grandiose opinion of herself, thinks her financial skills are better than a FT Economics Editor. All suggests one thing to me.

She had best re book another 12 weeks in that fancy rehab place, if you ask me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
She’ll get chippy and ruin it for herself this afternoon. She spends too long basking in the attention when she has viral moments like this and eventually pushes it too far.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Your data is skewed towards you and your habits, not the millions who are actually in poverty.

It's not a representative sample Jack hun. But I suppose if you're a narc it's impossible to even think anyone could shop anywhere but Asda and Ocado because that's where you shop.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
She’ll get chippy and ruin it for herself this afternoon. She spends too long basking in the attention when she has viral moments like this and eventually pushes it too far.
It’s the drama Nom - I just love it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
She's taking the piss surely 😂

Well actually I haven't got them in a shop near me .. ya what mate ?!

Oh she can just duck off and take her manky rug with her.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
go Accountant squig! go FT man! go the usual squigs!

i was hysterical over that "bar chart" and then the eye patch showed up! i am in bits and i cannot cope! 😆 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.