Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And the reason your thread was popular was that it was retweeted by media people who didn't bother to examine your figures.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Is that real?
Oh, yes. Hilariously real. Sort of.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Not convinced that people living on the edge were really bothered by an ex-guardianista tweeting shite all day yesterday and sent her their “their own horrible experiences”. They were too busy getting on with their own lives.

She needs to pipe down, stop retweeting bar charts from excel based on one measly shop from the SE and actually listen to people who know their data.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
She’s never bought a brand new telly, but other people haven’t had £24,000 from a legal win, £75,000 from Kickstarter, wheels of cheese, gifted pizza ovens…and all of the other things the sodding CBI doesn’t measure.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 96
Living for Jack trying to out fact the economics editor of the FT 😂😂😂

Whilst I'm here, I'd like to take issue with one thing in particular that Jack said today. That she isn't doing this for recognition.

Then why (in the name of all that is good and merciful) has she retweeted her own thread four times?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Can someone add in another bar to that chart, with today’s prices in? She’s being very coy about her local supermarket, but isn’t it Asda?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Can someone add in another bar to that chart, with today’s prices in? She’s being very coy about her local supermarket, but isn’t it Asda?
It’s probably Waitrose (which actually also does a pretty affordable basics line!)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She’s got a Groucho membership that she used so frequently waiters were able to recognise ‘her usual’ on the menu!

She isn’t poor and hasn’t been for a very long time. Today’s display is disgraceful.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I live in an area which still has a SureStart and a Heron Foods, and one of the excellent things the SureStart does is to take small groups over to Heron to shop together so that they can take advantage of the cheaper prices available on multiples even though individually they might not be able to afford them. I think that getting people together to do stuff like that for themselves is more empowering than a twitter thread, even if Nigella and Hugh Grant are not stood outside Heron clapping when they come out.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.