Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lot of people get paid monthly, so could potentially afford a bus trip to get score cupboard staples from a budget supermarket or ethnic store, then go to the nearer one for fresh items as needed. It's what I used to do, buy enough pasta and tins to feed myself for a month.
Indeed, that's what I do (although I'm by no means poor and would never claim to be).

It's why my tins cupboards looks, as my mum put it, "as if you're preparing for a nuclear war".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Whenever I've had a migraine (fairly regularly when younger but thankfully not so frequent now) it's wiped me out for days. I can't even entertain the notion of pulling an all-nighter after having had one (let alone one SEVERE enough to cause convulsions).

She's full of tit, and I'd put money on her being high on something other than praise too.

The adoration she's getting over this, mere days after her latest round of grifting, is making me feel ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
A lot of people get paid monthly,
Universal Credit is paid monthly too. Budgeting is key here. Buying staples like rice/pasta in larger (cheaper per gram) bags monthly, rather than 500g bags and running out mid month when the money has run out.

I am disappointed but not surprised by the blue tick engagement. Jack is the nearest to a poor person they ever get to interact with.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
All aboard the lunchtime train to Comedown Town, we're going shin-kicking!

• Haha
Reactions: 76
She's just retweeted yesterday's thread AGAAAAAAINNNN.

Edit - as Silver points out 👆

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Universal Credit is paid monthly too. Budgeting is key here. Buying staples like rice/pasta in larger (cheaper per gram) bags monthly, rather than 500g bags and running out mid month when the money has run out.

I am disappointed but not surprised by the blue tick engagement. Jack is the nearest to a poor person they ever get to interact with.
There's a damn good reason why I don't follow a single one of those blue tickers. And it's well-meaning but naive nonsense like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The accountant thing has really got me 🦉🍾

If she is paying an accountant then whoever it may be is stealing a living!!! At the very least she would have filed her tax return. What an absolute twatting donkey.

Can someone direct Mr Accountant Squig to Companies House on our behalf please!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Jack is the kind of person who, if someone tried to expose her, would threaten self-harm. And the flying monkeys would descend.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.