Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A rag rug in a kitchen! Good God nooo! There’s a reason why kitchens always have hard smooth floors not carpet, and rag rugs are the absolute worse thing for bits getting trapped in. It looks like my dog’s snuffle mat, which is designed to have little bits of biscuit hidden in it. You can’t even adequately hoover rag rugs, they need shaking out but one that size would be an absolute bugger.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Her kitchen….It’s just so….. “look I’m so zany!” The rug is particularly ick, it’s a trip hazard surely, not to mention a magnet for dirt and debris. I love a bit of colour but the kitchen is just too much. Perhaps her kitchen is a reflection of her personality- cluttered,ott, fake and vile. 🤪
It's a very accurate reflection of the hard fact that you can't buy a personality.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
That tea cabinet is ridiculous. You wouldn't be able to see inside most of them to see how much is left, stuff would probably fall into the cups below every time it's opened and I'd worry about the topping up leaving some dusty bags at the bottom for years.

When you've got a smallish kitchen not the best idea to waste space. I've got just as many varieties, neatly stacked in a cupboard in their boxs and it's far more aesthetically pleasing and practical (imo).

• Heart
Reactions: 55
That was my first thought, the website tin rattle and now this bullshit Twitter thread have just earned her holiday money 🙄. Thing is, most of the idiot squigs won't even question it when she goes away!
Ah, but Vlad’s picked up on this too and is naughtily inserting some ideas for her windfall when she does her catch-up:

Stick that in your muddy puddle Jackie

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She has also taken all the tea bags out of their boxes and packets in order to cut the labels out. Anyone who is enough of an expert in tea that they judged an awards category knows that means the bags lose their flavour and get stale quickly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
That kitchen really looks like the kitchen of someone who is not much of a cook 🙄
So many irritating impractical hindrances. It looks more like a highly flammable junk room than a working space.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
After last night's utter bullshit and her fankooos to everyone 😒
Then I see this hideous kitchen on a budget erm 😐 you spanked £100 on manky spoons ya spoon then got your begging bowl out.

Why does she keep getting away with it ?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
If she cooked in there regularly (If her oven was used ...), everything will just amalgamate into a pile of grease and smells.

I like kitsch shite and rainbows far more than someone my age should, but even to me that kitchen is one big colour vomit. She’s definitely aiming for postwar, on the breadline, struggling but cheerful mother aesthetic.

And that million dollar baby stool on the floor...? Yikes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.