Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

So she has gone viral.

Good for her, now for half an hour to an hour or her droning on about nothing in particular. Honestly cannot be bothered with these shows. If there not actually going to sort something then what's the point, everyone is aware of the issue we don't need endless people's yapping in about it.

Reactions: 31
Well. Hopefully the radio station sees fit to have a counter argument to put towards her 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I can only imagine the scenes in TD house right now. She must be apoplectic. I feel for her, she was doing so well yesterday to highlight the grift, but now blue tickers are kissing Jack's arse. The blue tickers from the very media bubble that Jack was berating this morning (even though Jack was once and still wants to be part of that bubble). It is sickening.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Oh Dr Xand 😞
It’s amazing how interactions like this can change your opinion of someone isn’t it? 😬
Not sure I can bear to go to see operation ouch at the theatre next time they do a show but I will because my boy adores them and it’ll make his year

(Also, I’ll bet Jacks designer shoes that she used an online percentage increase calculator, she didn’t work those calculations out herself)

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She was at a greengrocer buying cauliflower? I can't be the only one worried about the significance of this for SB can I? It can only mean cauliflower lasagne served up on some grotty brass scales for his breakfast tomorrow. 😢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Dunno what you lot are mithering about, I always start my day with broccoli pasta. It's been my thing for years. How do you think I got strong enough to bench press the Queen and overhead press a 93kg sideboard?

Also lol at 'my research'. Your doctorates were fake hun 💅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Just what the world needs, more vague hospital selfies 😆 . Sorry Matt fans, but I'd make it a law that you're not allowed to post hospital selfies without disclosing details 🤕

THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES. HATE HOSPITAL SELFIES 😡 I just abhor oversharing. Soz for the shouting.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I can only imagine the scenes in TD house right now. She must be apoplectic.
This will probably be a very unpopular opinion but the TD and all those others are as much part of the problem.
She is actually (and the others) in a position to call her out. We've given them all the proof of her Grifting they'd ever need.
But no, never happens.
All the righteous indignation in the world doesn't stop Jack from giving out tit advice and ripping off those who can least afford it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I assume Jack’s banging on about Asda prices. I bought Smart Price spaghetti on Monday, it’s still 13p...she’s referencing the next price level up. The online website/app for Asda doesn’t stock the whole Smart Price range but it is instore. Further proof that the dramatic hikes to Asda with her stupid backpack on don’t happen.

Reactions: 46
Dear Dinosaur, I think you're bloody brilliant and everything you do is amazing and tastes great. Love, Dinosaur . From A.N Socksquiggle

• Haha
Reactions: 32
From Jack's tweets this morning "But I guess when the vast majority of our media were privately educated and came from the same handful of elite universities, nobody thinks to actually check in with anyone out here in the world to see how we’re doing. (bleeping terribly, thanks for asking.)"

Stig Abell went to a prep school, followed by a public school, followed by Emmanuelle College, Cambridge. They don't come much more elite than that. But she is willing to go on his show tomorrow and will be all over him like a cheap suit.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 93
From Jack's tweets this morning "But I guess when the vast majority of our media were privately educated and came from the same handful of elite universities, nobody thinks to actually check in with anyone out here in the world to see how we’re doing. (bleeping terribly, thanks for asking.)"

Stig Abell went to a prep school, followed by a public school, followed by Emmanuelle College, Cambridge. They don't come much more elite than that. But she is willing to go on his show tomorrow and will be all over him like a cheap suit.
how “we’re” doing. “bleeping terribly” Except you’re doing just fine with your begging, aren’t you Grifty McScamface?! Haaaaaaaate. Poverty appropriation r us.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
how “we’re” doing. “bleeping terribly” Except you’re doing just fine with your begging, aren’t you Grifty McScamface?! Haaaaaaaate. Poverty appropriation r us.
And "nobody actually thinks to check in with anyone here in the real world"

Throughout the pandemic and lockdowns she was on the TV more than Boris. Daily Kitchen, This Morning, Talking heads re free school meals. She was their go to for someone in the real world.

Perhaps they should think of someone "here in the real world", but perhaps someone else other than Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I've often thought (when Jack is at her most thieving and grifty) that it feels like trying to get someone's attention through a sound-proof two way mirror. It makes my chest feel tight and I want to scream. Nobody is listening 😕
I agree. It is why I like Tattle so much.
The frustration felt at scammers and grifters when you think nobody else notices (or cares) can at least be shared and understood here. It used to be quite a lonely pastime looking on in absolute bewilderment that others simply did. Not. Get. It.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.