Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack worked in a supermarket when she was a teenager. That was 15 or so years ago. Does she think they are still using the same operating procedures? They have undergone some of the most rapid changes in retail. In-store prices are generally updated once or twice a week, it is not cost effective to do it more often. Though online Occado change daily, perhaps that is where she is referring to.

Once again using out of date information and experiences to rant about something she has no idea about.
She worked?!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Psst Jack. No one needs your imaginary boxes of receipts (they would have faded to duck anyway).
There are endless resources and studies available at your fingertips if you were really interested.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
As a clever frau pointed out earlier, the M&S meal used to come with a bottle - so if you have to buy it in addition overall that’s over a 50% increase. Jack is doing stupid maths.
Plus Charlie Bighams lasagne is now Β£8.25, if that is the high end ready meal range she is basing this on. Not that it disproves her argument. I would just like to point out that she is being wrong on the internet.
Also, when she judged a ready meal competition, she chose as the winner an item that cost Β£12.50 . (IIRC, etc.)She is now being scathing about the type of people who buy high end ready meals because it suits.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
We are LAFFING.

Exactly, squig. For someone who presents such an exacting mathematical mind as Jack does, one would assume she is bang up to date on getting those accounts in order.
Particularly as she is so keen not to return to her previous life, you would definitely not do anything to put your current lifestyle at risk would you!!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
We are LAFFING.

Exactly, squig. For someone who presents such an exacting mathematical mind as Jack does, one would assume she is bang up to date on getting those accounts in order.
She has ten years of receipts! Forensically mathed the duck out of.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I can't imagine Byline Times paying her much for her flowery out of date and out of touch drivel. How things have changed. In the past Jack would have had offers from The Guardian to write an opinion piece and been paid handsomely. She is now reduced to begging for puff pieces in an online publication. That and begging for money off strangers.

Reactions: 34
She's just embarrassing herself going on and on about this 344% price increase. She's not comparing like for like. If this was an official spouting such made up tit they'd be out of a job. All make believe, like most things in her life.

Screenshot 2022-01-19 15.02.58.png

rice price at Aldi today
Screenshot 2022-01-19 15.03.24.png

There are actual issues out there, and this doesn't help anyone.

Same price at sainsburys also, although a 30 min walk there and back isn't really that much - about right for your daily exercise.
Screenshot 2022-01-19 15.08.03.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
RE: Jack personally, gently, "forensically" keeping track of price changes, this is from a site called NUMBEO (recommended by my uni)

Manual collection of cost of living data is error prone:
  • there is a different price during the year - price fluctuation/volatility (i.e. cheaper fruits and vegetables during the summer; high fluctuation of potato price because of lack of storage and high moisture; supermarkets running a temporary discount on some items)
  • different supermarkets, bars and restaurants have usually different prices of the same or similar items
  • there are different types of milk, cheese, etc. with different prices even in the same supermarket
  • the country could face temporary shortages of a given item which could drive the price temporary up (i.e. rice shortages)
  • if only one or a few people collects the price, possibility of human error is higher

• Heart
Reactions: 57
She's just embarrassing herself going on and on about this 344% price increase. She's not comparing like for like. If this was an official spouting such made up tit they'd be out of a job. All make believe, like most things in her life.

View attachment 999619

rice price at Aldi today
View attachment 999618
All of the Aldi swaps I listed earlier, were direct sizes she listed too! I went as deep as Jack, lolololol!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
RE: Jack personally, gently, "forensically" keeping track of price changes, this is from a site called NUMBEO (recommended by my uni)

Manual collection of cost of living data is error prone:
  • there is a different price during the year - price fluctuation/volatility (i.e. cheaper fruits and vegetables during the summer; high fluctuation of potato price because of lack of storage and high moisture; supermarkets running a temporary discount on some items)
  • different supermarkets, bars and restaurants have usually different prices of the same or similar items
  • there are different types of milk, cheese, etc. with different prices even in the same supermarket
  • the country could face temporary shortages of a given item which could drive the price temporary up (i.e. rice shortages)
  • if only one or a few people collects the price, possibility of human error is higher
But Jack is forensic in her collating of prices, don't cha know. No errors...ever πŸ™ƒ

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Oops -
Just seen everyone beat me to that rice screenshot. Now why can’t the squiggs find out the price of rice?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.