Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack worked in a supermarket when she was a teenager. That was 15 or so years ago. Does she think they are still using the same operating procedures? They have undergone some of the most rapid changes in retail. In-store prices are generally updated once or twice a week, it is not cost effective to do it more often. Though online Occado change daily, perhaps that is where she is referring to.

Once again using out of date information and experiences to rant about something she has no idea about.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
It’s the ‘those of us outside the bubble’ that is infuriating me. She really needs to duck off as far away as possible and stay there.
i was clutching at my pearls when i read the 'us' parts. YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR US JACK MONROE.
She's calling those string of GCSE tweets research?!
Poverty one-upmanship. You couldn't make this stuff up could you?

it's a race to the bottom with her. she can't help herself.

on a grunk, sorry if anything said here has been mentioned already. i'm raging!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
She really thinks she's got something here doesn't she
Lmaoo this is so concise yet so cutting 😂

Maybe the manTM has brainwashed me but surely it’s obvious that cheaper products have smaller margins so can’t stomach rising costs? Believe it or not brands are for profit entities so will always pursue people… with cash. No one is trying to milk a few extra pennies out of the poorest when you can get £££ out the middle and upper classes who’ve done better out the whole pandemic?

Thats obviously not disputing that all these rising costs disproportionately impacts them and they need help with that (the balance sitting in Jack’s PayPal would be lovely for a food bank?) but it’s not this anti poor conspiracy / genocide. I find that chain of her argument really anxiety inducing tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Um 2 things...
Putting the price on products. That's how shops work.
Secondly, does she genuinely think a Bigham fish pie is the standard that posh people live by? Does she genuinely believe that the price of posh ready meals hasn't gone up because they're Rishi's favourite dinner?
Idiot.

Jack worked in a supermarket when she was a teenager. That was 15 or so years ago. Does she think they are still using the same operating procedures? They have undergone some of the most rapid changes in retail. In store prices are generally updated once or twice a week, it is not cost effective to do it more often. Though online Occado change daily, perhaps that is where she is referring to.

Once again using out of date information and experiences to rant about something she has no idea about.
Also, wasn't she in the 'towel section'? Has the price of towels risen in line with inflation? Does the price of towels fluctuate from day to day?
If a towel was £5 in 2005 would it be worth a thousand pounds now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
This is what she thinks 'work' is doesn't she?
YES! and then she casually throws in that she does THIS for free. People kind of nod in agreement 'yeah, she has got a point, the M&S meal deal has always been a tenner', they subscribe £3 a month and forget about her.

i have a sneaking suspicion that she's deliberately posted her beg last night, half in the knowledge there would be a shitstorm, but PMQ's would mean she could cover it with some of her wisdom and people would feel thankful and reassured that their donation went to the right place.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Hark at you Jack - look in the sentient mirror. You’re a serial gaslighter exploiting vulnerable followers to give you their cash. For what? To fund your manky cutlery/dylon dye/sideboards/high end make up….the list goes on. It sure isn’t to genuinely help lift those up who experience this day in day out.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
if you want to riot, then go and bleeping riot!

nothing's gonna come out of mithering away on twitter all day, ya prune! (seems we've had a resurgence of prune today and i'm here for it!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Lmaoo this is so concise yet so cutting 😂

Maybe the manTM has brainwashed me but surely it’s obvious that cheaper products have smaller margins so can’t stomach rising costs? Believe it or not brands are for profit entities so will always pursue people… with cash. No one is trying to milk a few extra pennies out of the poorest when you can get £££ out the middle and upper classes who’ve done better out the whole pandemic?

Thats obviously not disputing that all these rising costs disproportionately impacts them and they need help with that (the balance sitting in Jack’s PayPal would be lovely for a food bank?) but it’s not this anti poor conspiracy / genocide. I find that chain of her argument really anxiety inducing tbh.
Same - she seems to have this really odd Les Mis vision of the proles being helpless and desperate, just waiting for the great revolutionary leader. It says so much more about her skewed perception than it does about the reality of the political demographic in this country. It shows how utterly out of touch she is. If she had any real involvement at a grassroots political level (no, turning up late to mouth off at conference once a year doesn’t count) she’d be able to start to grasp the reality, particularly of how the Conservative party have conned people with very little. To present it the way she does is idiotic and actually sinister.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
As a clever frau pointed out earlier, the M&S meal used to come with a bottle - so if you have to buy it in addition overall that’s over a 50% increase. Jack is doing stupid maths.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
In a supermarket as well the SEL labels will change as things go on BOGOF, are discontinued or introduced etc. It’s not all price rises. The increasing cost of living is terrifying enough right now without Jack trying to paint pictures of the evil supermarkets sneakily increasing prices of 100s of essential items day on day.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.