Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lidl is closer to yours Jack! Or maybe you dad could give you a lift every couple of weeks or so? That's what families do, right?
There is no OBE's for helping your own children. There's only honours if you look after other peoples children for money and then broadcast in the press how hard done by you are.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Probably an unpopular opinion but I actually hate the shells, they always taste soo spongey. I had them in various places and I have never ever like them, so it cannot just be my cooking of them.
Same same. Rigatoni allllll day 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can walk just round the corner to both a Lidl and an Aldi, plus a Heron foods, a Poundland and a Home Bargains. It’s because I live in a cheap and deprived area not a huge house in a lovely area.

I do know that there are real food deserts and this is a true discussion point that needs addressing but she shouldn’t be insinuating that she is anywhere near one.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Found some exciting tweets.

This is a Guardian food writer (have covered tho as no blue tick and think it might be a private version of their account)

View attachment 999082

And in the responses helpfully colour coded: blue is someone who has recently tweeted about the grift, red is a really well known Guardian food writer, don't know who green is and black is the original tweeter again

View attachment 999093
You can say red squiggle because we mention her all the time. It's Felicity Cloake, someone who Jack tries to be buddies with (but gets ignored a lot)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
My friend managed a HMV. He had to change the prices on CDs/DVDs every single day. So bleeping what. It’s a fluctuating market. It has been since money was invented you PRUNE!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I really don't understand this whole background and props thing. The single, entire point of this kind of food photography is to show people what a dish is meant to look like. The background and plate/serving dish should be plain! The point of the picture is the food not the table! What's the point of setting up a plate of food and looking at lighting etc only for readers' eyes to be immediately drawn to "oooh is that a MAP in the background there??" They're MEANT to be looking at the food!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I'm so confused, which demographic does she think is voting Tory? The Charlie Bingham lasagne eating demographic? Her beliefs on who votes for who is soooooo stereotypical and outdated! Jack I really hate to break it to you but the working class aint been voting Labour for a hot minute...

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Jack is still on her agent's website but her bio is sooooo out of date (says she still lives with Leggy) so perhaps she has been dropped. It says Natalia is on mat leave, did we know about that? If its new info then it means they do update Jack's bio page but for some reason, not the actual bio.
Bet Leggy would love that piece of news…..😜

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.