Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But it's so willful. It's as if she's deliberately resisting learning from others. I don't believe she's ever really read a cookbook.
Because she knows better than everyone else. Trumpian levels of arrogance.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
I just can't let it lie with that bastarding website:. Why is it costing money to fix it?

If it's a problem with the hosting, the host is obligated to fix it (IF she's paid the hosting fee)

If it's a problem with the layout/pages, her web designer can easily fix it, or she can just put the issue into a Google search, and the answer will no doubt be on one of the hundreds of WordPress forums.

It's WordPress... she's not designing the Large Hadron collider.

Nob nob nobbity nob nob!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Sorry to moderate but think it’s important to flag that the cutlery wasn’t Nazi cutlery, it belonged to a Jewish lady who fled Nazi occupation with it as her only asset and it’s been passed down her family line, up to a woman offering to give it to Jack. Really sad.
What? Wait, is this true? Can someone point me in the direction of the receipts as I missed this.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
How don’t the squigs notice she had £105 for rusty spoons just this week but not even a small emergency fund for her website/business like any other self employed person would.

Sad thing is Jack probably thinks her site is some sort of public good and she therefore has no problem with other people paying to fix it. The arrogance is astonishing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
I’m still fuming at this.

IF a stranger came up to you in the street and said they’d spent £105 on teaspoons last week and left themselves so short that they couldn’t fix the website which was their main source of income, would you give them money? Being on the internet isn’t/shouldn’t be any different.

Using that same analogy, if you agreed and gave the person money, would you then take a photo of yourself handing it over? Because that’s what I think of when these people then go on to say they’ve donated on her Twitter page. They want others to see they’ve done it.

I don’t know which is worse. Her for grifting or them for enabling.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
But what about the crack team who were working round the clock over the festive to fix a blog page?!
They LEFT!

(Am grunking so apologies if this has already been posted. It's just like the old days, leave the thread for a few hours and Jack's caused more chaos).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Something has been going on this weekend. Scousebird announced she was quitting then came back in under 24hrs saying she is staying but you have to subscribe to her patreon to see her insta (?) this one is pretending there’s a good reason for you to send PayPal-o’s and tips and patreon. What’s going on in this weeks Grifting Weekly?
Maybe they are competing for grifter of the year, at the annual convention?🤔

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I’m still fuming at this.

IF a stranger came up to you in the street and said they’d spent £105 on teaspoons last week and left themselves so short that they couldn’t fix the website which was their main source of income, would you give them money? Being on the internet isn’t/shouldn’t be any different.

Using that same analogy, if you agreed and gave the person money, would you then take a photo of yourself handing it over? Because that’s what I think of when these people then go on to say they’ve donated on her Twitter page. They want others to see they’ve done it.

I don’t know which is worse. Her for grifting or them for enabling.
Definitely her for drifting and pleading poverty as she knows EXACTLY
what she's doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.