Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@heretoreaditall2019 Were you the amazing person who could work out what Jack makes from an ad on her website?

I’m intrigued to know realistically how much she’s potentially losing given ads are such a small amount of money on a site like hers.
My lad used to have a website with very little on it, and he made a decent amount off his ads so she will be missing it

Reactions: 25
I'm really tired so can't think straight but is Jack deliberately not fixing her website because the ads were not making her enough money? Therefore if she posts recipes direct to her socials, she can sympathy fish about a broken website and focus the grift on active followers, rather than pin her hopes on decreased footfall to the website.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm really tired so can't think straight but is Jack deliberately not fixing her website because the ads were not making her enough money? Therefore if she posts recipes direct to her socials, she can sympathy fish about a broken website and focus the grift on active followers, rather than pin her hopes on decreased footfall to the website.
I suspect there will never be enough money in Jacks mind.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
So let me get this straight...less than a week ago she spunked over £100 on Nazi cutlery and now she's begging for donations to fix her bleeping WordPress site!?

This may not be very kind to say but if the squigs haven't woken up to the grift yet they deserve to be fleeced.

Edit: got my cutlery sets mixed up in my rage, she didn't buy the Nazi stuff. But still!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
Don't things get ....even sloppier when they've been frozen and defrosted? So adding even more liquid if you're planning on freezing the "dip" is just going to increase the slop to warp factor 10.

Jack's just ... hopeless. A classic case of confidence over ability

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She's gone full grift 😬 It's been a while since she's just straight up posted the PayPal link. Vile

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Sorry to moderate but think it’s important to flag that the cutlery wasn’t Nazi cutlery, it belonged to a Jewish lady who fled Nazi occupation with it as her only asset and it’s been passed down her family line, up to a woman offering to give it to Jack. Really sad.

As heart breaking ch4 news are in the north east visiting a food bank where kids don’t have socks. Every pound Jack takes is away from food banks & these kids.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
Sorry to moderate but think it’s important to flag that the cutlery wasn’t Nazi cutlery, it belonged to a Jewish lady who fled Nazi occupation with it as her only asset and it’s been passed down her family line, up to a woman offering to give it to Jack. Really sad.

As heart breaking ch4 news are in the north east visiting a food bank where kids don’t have socks. Every pound Jack takes is away from food banks & these kids.
No, don't apologise, you're totally right. It's actually a really sad situation and I shouldn't have been facetious about it x

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The thing is, her “job” as a cookery writer (lol) could easily be done on the side of a part time job earning actual money for her bleeping around on eBay and with her wardrobe expenses. But she just can’t be arsed cos she actually gets good money for doing the bare minimum and she thinks she’s entitled to this.

ETA and the ad revenue should pay for the website, not be spent on fecking rusty old spoons. She should put money aside for business expenses. She’s a cretin.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
No, don't apologise, you're totally right. It's actually a really sad situation and I shouldn't have been facetious about it x
It wasn’t @ you sorry, just think it’s important it doesn’t get misattributed to the wrong side in thread folklore out of respect to the woman who fled with just cutlery & tbf Jack who for all her faults and scams isn’t actually a Nazi x

• Heart
Reactions: 44
At least a few people seem to be awake to how utterly shameless she is. Hope it's OK to post these, neither of them have tweeted her directly and both seem to be genuine/established accounts.

Screenshot_20220118-194907_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-194847_Twitter.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
Do you think Jack ever thinks ‘when people donate to me, they’re taking away the money they’d have donated somewhere else’. How does she even sleep at night knowing this?

She must have a dissociative personality to be able to even compartmentalise the guilt and shame of grifting and going about everyday life.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.