Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
There's regular buses from hers to Aldi. And Lidl is a 30 minute walk away if she was too tight to pay the bus fare.

She's being quite brazen at the moment imo, more people are starting to raise an eyebrow at her and are muttering to one another. It isn't just us anymore Jack, you should be careful you don't end up the subject of this "real journalism" that you want to see...

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I’ve decided I’m going to write my own comment piece about the inflation of food prices. Far greater than 344% in this great city of mine.

Unfortunately, the data will only be based on 3 Tesco expresses* and one Sainsbury’s local because I cannot be bothered to walk/cycle/get the bus the 3 miles to the bigger supermarkets or the Aldi and Lidl.

However, that won’t bother my scientific mind. I will ignore the facts in front of me, rush past the fairly priced pasta priced and only publish those items that only fit my agenda. If anyone chooses to peer review my findings, I will shout that no one is my peer and that I am doing the work of the people.

(If James O’Brien wants me on LBC though, happy to oblige)

* we don’t talk about this by the way.

• Haha
  • Heart

FlirtyThirty

VIP Member
I know what you mean. I want to be an author, it's all I ever wanted to do and it's my true passion in life. Unfortunately, unless you're lucky enough to get a multi-movie deal and/or have a lot of books published it doesn't really pay the bills, so I have a day job to do that and write in my spare time. Do I hope that one day I'll achieve that childhood dream of living in a little cottage and doing nothing but writing and pottering about all day? Of course! But until then the (non-homeowning frau here) RENT still needs to be paid. Clearly I'm missing a trick - need to quit my job and set up a tip jar stat!
Keep on plugging! I got published recentlyish (🔺) It didn't pay much sadly but hoping next one might do better and I'll get a little pottering cottage too <3

• Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
Jack worked in a supermarket when she was a teenager. That was 15 or so years ago. Does she think they are still using the same operating procedures? They have undergone some of the most rapid changes in retail. In-store prices are generally updated once or twice a week, it is not cost effective to do it more often. Though online Occado change daily, perhaps that is where she is referring to.

Once again using out of date information and experiences to rant about something she has no idea about.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ecdb

I’m still fuming at this.

IF a stranger came up to you in the street and said they’d spent £105 on teaspoons last week and left themselves so short that they couldn’t fix the website which was their main source of income, would you give them money? Being on the internet isn’t/shouldn’t be any different.

Using that same analogy, if you agreed and gave the person money, would you then take a photo of yourself handing it over? Because that’s what I think of when these people then go on to say they’ve donated on her Twitter page. They want others to see they’ve done it.

I don’t know which is worse. Her for grifting or them for enabling.

• Heart
  • Angry

Peachy9

VIP Member
Ffs. It just demonstrates her selfishness when she lists HER inflated shopping list.
Supermarkets have increased their prices for the lowest priced items... Because it wasn't sustainable. Farmers were out on a limb, unable to feed their cattle due to the low offers paid due to the dairy market. Supermarkets now pay more fairly... Therfore prices have increased. But no, her peanut butter has gone up by pennies so she's kicking and screaming.
Maybe she should shop at aldi for once if she's struggling so much.

• Heart

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
So....3 days ago the grasping sludge slinger is showing off 70 quids worth of needless tin tat.

Today she's on the beg. She's some machine.
How I WISH the squigs would put two and two together. Maybe the famous GH squiggle will, how can you spend £105 on spoons and then grift to fix your website a few days later.

She needs stopping.

• Heart
  • Sick

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
I've been pondering on the website thing a bit today.

It's a Wordpress-hosted site, and one where Jack owns the domain. Not to 🔺 but have done my fair share of Wordpressing over the years, and the support is generally great, but typically it's so intuitive that you don't really need to get to the point of requiring a "technician". As @BeautifulTrauma says, even coding Wordpress isn't complex.

Every Wordpress site has an automatic database in which everything on your site is stored; if it's corrupted, then you do risk losing everything, which is why you're encouraged to back-up. Launching a site from backup is not that hard. If she's got a technician on it, and has been backing up regularly, it shouldn't be a problem. If she's running a 2018 back-up, that suggests to me that she's not backed up properly since 2018, or that her back-up files have been corrupted. 2019-2022 are missing (are there that many recipes?).

She has clearly been having a considerable amount of trouble with this. As @CabalofBolorneaise points out then surely the simplest method of solving this is to create a new site (again, so easy on Wordpress). She wouldn't even have to take down the current iteration. She could build the new version offline, then launch at a later date when it's ready, and just transer the domain. Potentially time-consuming, but in no way difficult.

So riddle me this, cable, because I'm getting nowhere with the mental gymnastics: how the fuck has she managed to not sort this when she's hosted on a platform literally designed to make blogging easier for ninnies, with the clearest solution ever?

• Heart
  • Haha

Django

VIP Member
If recipe writing is your job then fucking sell them you fucking shameless grifter/on line beggar.

• Heart

Charitas

Chatty Member
Forensically going on about prices doesn't cover the real reason people want cheap food, it's often the only part of our outgoings we have any control over. The energy bills have eaten the three pay rises I've had in the last four months. I know I'm lucky to have had them, even if it is because the care sector is so short of staff we can't afford to lose experienced staff.

I still usually walk the 4O minutes to work because it means I can get a taxi in terrible weather.

I refuse to believe SB spends much time at Jack's as we haven't had her hot takes on mask wearing in classrooms or the constantly changing rules for Covid. No recipes for the bottomless pit that is a child who's been at secondary school all day and how much they change in that first term . Silly me SB can't change he must always be the tiny Dicken's character asking for more jam

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Just a quick heads-up that we can talk about the Mail article here https://tattle.life/threads/tattle-in-the-press.18451/page-36#post-8014327

In the meantime, yesterday I needed some Jack time out, I don't think she's been this brazen for ages, I thought we'd managed to put her off this nonsense a little bit but apparently not. It's going to be her downfall though. That and the taxes. Can't believe there was a mere 6 hours between these tweets.

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 08.12.53.png

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 08.13.04.png

• Angry
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
i feel like i've been in these threads for a lifetime, and i still don't understand the significance of Matt's forearms.
It was the start of lockdown, jack's dial up video connection was on live BBC one cutting out and we were introduced to what would become the most talked about béchamel sauce in the history of humanity. A tragedy that show never got recommissioned.

• Haha
  • Heart