Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's kind of funny is how trapped she is by her origin story. Every time she tries to bust out of it and try something new she fails. The only time she gets blue tick attention is when she dons her povo hat. They keep her preserved in amber. It must drive her mad.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
If it's meant to be for dinner why the EFFFFFF are you making it at ten in the morning? It's not a slow roast recipe it's a 10 minute pasta job.
You just know that it would go claggy if it was to be served at dinner

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
A lipsticked lady psychologist I follow on Facebook but she def has Twitter- this CANNOT be a coincidence that she wrote this today?
B7551AEF-7D8D-46BB-921B-37B46E6BD425.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
I actually choked laughing and woke the cat up at her changing her Twitter pic to Twenty Quid Shoppins. She is completely unhinged. Is there a single person equivalent of a circlejerk? Good job she had that short course of very affordable therapy or this would be cataclysmic levels of tone deaf self-aggrandisement 🙃

In case you were wondering, there's been more than a 200% increase in Thankyous today. That's a real number that I actually calculated. No you can't see my workings, I'm having convenient convulsions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I think it is really unfair to turn on TD. there are people of much higher profile- LJC, MOM etc who should bleeping know better.
TD is a well respected food writer who doesn’t seem to court controversy and doesn’t deserve to be on the receiving end of a horrible narcissist like Jack .
I’m between the two on this but we don’t know what is being quietly, gently said behind the scenes so think we should give her the benefit of the doubt - the thing we have to remember is we have the benefit of anonymity whereas TD doesn’t. Every step she’s made so far under her real gov name has been incredibly brave tbh, I’m sure if I was doing the patreon update on my personal Twitter I’d have received legal threats by now, and whilst they’re baseless bullying you’d still seek legal advice and/or instruct a solicitor to respond saying as much, which is easily half a grand vamoosh into the air for next to nothing. Obvs TD is incredibly successful but that money is best spent on her family & all that solid food she manages to rustle up (a novelty round these parts).

And other fraus have said it perfectly - no ones been won over by someone just saying ur fav is problematic FYI. If you run a little cost benefit analysis on it, it’s a stinker. We’re all in this bizarre hostage situation together…

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Just to move off the politics Jack because it’s doing my tits in; re the thankyou - every time I see this I think of being in my teens, seeing a guy I fancied across the road. I tried to make him notice me without being obvious, however i tripped up and had to turn my trip into a gentle jog which I then had to continue with for longer than I was comfortable with.

I feel her thankyou is like that. She is stuck with it now. She’s me at 14, jogging with a stitch in my side and doc martens on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
That's weird. In the past two years I've been ~forensically~ checking Jack's twitter I've never once seen her interact with the person she's now calling "one of my fave people here in this hellscape". I check her likes and everything and nope, not even a one!
Oooh maybe there’s a 🧦 on that persons account?
IDK can’t be arsed to look.
Funny enough I had a migraine earlier, it was a small one. I took some meds and went back to bed to sleep it off. No convulsions or uninterrupted posting on SM, yay me!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
TD needs to keep professional, she’s not got a massive following.

Jack’s behaviour is so galling, but what’s even worse is all the blue ticks giving her credence. They’re enabling and validating her when they should be ignoring her. All these easy ‘this makes me look good’ quote replies are sickening really. If they can ignore her when she’s lying about eBay purchases, they should ignore her when she speaks for a socioeconomic group of people that she doesn’t belong to.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.