Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear god, it's not anyone else's fault her website has been down for weeks and her technical support is getting nowhere "tinkering" with it. Pay your own way Jack!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
If recipe writing is your job then bleeping sell them you bleeping shameless grifter/on line beggar.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I think website repair Jack is the hill I’m prepared to die upon.

I’ve asked one of our Devs at work about Jack’s website and what could be causing the issues, he reckons it’s some minor background issue with code going on and would take him a very short amount of time to fix. My bet is that Jack refuses to pay for any sort of help, insisting she can do it herself and it means she can rattle the tip jar in the process.

The fact the squigs not only believe it but are offering to help pay for it is astounding. And like someone above said, if it’s THAT bad, start again.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 69

I’ve asked one of our Devs at work about Jack’s website and what could be causing the issues, he reckons it’s some minor background issue with code going on and would take him a very short amount of time to fix. My bet is that Jack refuses to pay for any sort of help, insisting she can do it herself and it means she can rattle the tip jar in the process.

The fact the squigs not only believe it but are offering to help pay for it is astounding. And like someone above said, if it’s THAT bad, start again.
I think her little gremlin is she can’t enable ads. It makes her squirm that people can look stuff up for free.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

But what about the crack team who were working round the clock over the festive to fix a blog page?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I've been pondering on the website thing a bit today.

It's a Wordpress-hosted site, and one where Jack owns the domain. Not to 🔺 but have done my fair share of Wordpressing over the years, and the support is generally great, but typically it's so intuitive that you don't really need to get to the point of requiring a "technician". As @BeautifulTrauma says, even coding Wordpress isn't complex.

Every Wordpress site has an automatic database in which everything on your site is stored; if it's corrupted, then you do risk losing everything, which is why you're encouraged to back-up. Launching a site from backup is not that hard. If she's got a technician on it, and has been backing up regularly, it shouldn't be a problem. If she's running a 2018 back-up, that suggests to me that she's not backed up properly since 2018, or that her back-up files have been corrupted. 2019-2022 are missing (are there that many recipes?).

She has clearly been having a considerable amount of trouble with this. As @CabalofBolorneaise points out then surely the simplest method of solving this is to create a new site (again, so easy on Wordpress). She wouldn't even have to take down the current iteration. She could build the new version offline, then launch at a later date when it's ready, and just transer the domain. Potentially time-consuming, but in no way difficult.

So riddle me this, cable, because I'm getting nowhere with the mental gymnastics: how the duck has she managed to not sort this when she's hosted on a platform literally designed to make blogging easier for ninnies, with the clearest solution ever?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Maybe I'm doing freezers wrong but I've always found that they make things wetter as they defrost, and therefore runnier not claggier.

Sorry to anyone who's eating, none of those descriptors belong anywhere near food.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

It's a Wordpress-hosted site, and one where Jack owns the domain. Not to 🔺 but have done my fair share of Wordpressing over the years, and the support is generally great, but typically it's so intuitive that you don't really need to get to the point of requiring a "technician". As @BeautifulTrauma says, even coding Wordpress isn't complex.

Every Wordpress site has an automatic database in which everything on your site is stored; if it's corrupted, then you do risk losing everything, which is why you're encouraged to back-up. Launching a site from backup is not that hard. If she's got a technician on it, and has been backing up regularly, it shouldn't be a problem. If she's running a 2018 back-up, that suggests to me that she's not backed up properly since 2018, or that her back-up files have been corrupted. 2019-2022 are missing (are there that many recipes?).

She has clearly been having a considerable amount of trouble with this. As @CabalofBolorneaise points out then surely the simplest method of solving this is to create a new site (again, so easy on Wordpress). She wouldn't even have to take down the current iteration. She could build the new version offline, then launch at a later date when it's ready, and just transer the domain. Potentially time-consuming, but in no way difficult.

So riddle me this, cable, because I'm getting nowhere with the mental gymnastics: how the duck has she managed to not sort this when she's hosted on a platform literally designed to make blogging easier for ninnies, with the clearest solution ever?
ADs! (Too short)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
L

*Insert @kachoochoo’s who bleeping knows*

Seriously though, as with anything with Jack there will be a grain of truth somewhere with it all but she’s exaggerating for attention. There is no crack team over Christmas fixing a Wordpress site, Jack’s probably not done a backup and then it’s been attacked from somewhere because the thing is full of ads and shite. This is the problem with Jack, nearly everything she says is a lie.

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.