Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These are the same people that would walk past a homeless person in the street.
I’m almost certain of it.
I had exactly this conversation yesterday. Spotted quite a well established musician with a kofi account asking for contributions because they've been unable to make money during the pandemic. As though finding, you know, a different job is some sort of corporal punishment.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Economic Fraus; Would disabling her ads on the blog make a difference to income? As in, if the taxman is scouring her books, having less income would be beneficial in some way?
Direct tax investigations (so income tax or corporation) are always retrospective because you open an enquiry into a submitted return (so, any income she is or isn’t earning now will be included in her 21/22 return which won’t have been submitted yet.) Sorry if that a slightly garbled response - NOTHING about tax is straightforward!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I had exactly this conversation yesterday. Spotted quite a well established musician with a kofi account asking for contributions because they've been unable to make money during the pandemic. As though finding, you know, a different job is some sort of corporal punishment.
Agree. And whilst I’m very supportive of the arts and creative people who are able to make it their vocation; it seems there are many who are offended by the suggestion they perhaps take up another job whilst their industry is on its arse. What ever happened to compromise?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I thought 'resting' actors waited tables?
Yuhuh. I have a small business, and a part time job. When things looked dodgy at the start of the pandemic, I took on extra hours until things picked up again.

I know not every self employed person can do that, but it never once occured to me to put a tip jar on my website.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Agree. And whilst I’m very supportive of the arts and creative people who are able to make it their vocation; it seems there are many who are offended by the suggestion they perhaps take up another job whilst their industry is on its arse. What ever happened to compromise?
I used to very surprised when going onto a crafter's blog (knitting especially) how there were always tip jars. I appreciate they are "artistes" but if you are struggling get another job. I am not even surprised anymore but was slight WTF when a yarn dyer crowdfunded a new studio and everything needed in it and got more than they needed. They then moan that people are not buying their yarn 🤔 when times are hard.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Thanks for new thread @Silver Linings

I am a sad Frau today because it turns out the job I was offered wasn't the exciting step up it had been presented as 😕

I've just said no to it. Had already started to imagine my life with a bit more cash and responsibility but it wasn't meant to be!

Ah the freelancer life 😂

We might be on track for a belated moon chaos tonight? I hope so I need a laugh!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Boring post alert but went straight to ko-fi to see what we can scrape off it, from clicking around a few of their top creators the only vaguely interesting things were a feed (you could just copy and paste this into excel) but also goals and progress towards that goal? It has to be a monetary value and she’s always been very discreet in her grift so can’t imagine she’ll make use of it, but we could track that to see how it responds to beggy tweets. Let’s pretend it didn’t take 11 months cos she was laying low for any proof of that hypothesis with the patreon data lol.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Also, foolish squiggle, pray tell how the brass tray wallpaper says more about a hummus recipe than a white marble wallpaper? Especially given that THIS hummus recipe most likely contains sardines.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It's not like they they are the only ones, taxi drivers because delivery drivers/ bar workers moonlighted in tescos. Why is it so hard to understand getting a job to make ends meet and do your hobby as just that till you start making proper money again. Of you're good at it, it won't be a problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.