Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered this. That lasted all of a day 🙄
We all know any money coming to her from this latest cash grab will not go on fixing that wretched doomed website. Not a chance. It will go on spoons or hairdos or more jollies up to London. Squiggles who donated might mildly enquire about the website to be ignored, blocked or told to stop bullying her and leave her alone.
As she said a few years she thinks of her twitter followers as either 'psychopaths or sycophants'. She despises them and sees them as an income source which she bizarrely feels they owe her and that she deserves.
She wants money, that much is clear. She’s been brewing various money ideas recently such as prints, selling clothes etc.
But when it comes down to it, she doesn’t want to do anything that requires any effort, and so the tin doth rattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Remember last week when she was moaning about having no budget to do up her kitchen? And has been suspiciously quiet about the project ever since? It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if she had a fully-functional version of her site ready to go live but thought she'd do a last-minute round of grasping to funnel into her kitchen makeover fund. I do honestly believe she's that shameless.
100%
She’s a ‘famous’ person grifting for money, there is no transparency whatsoever in terms of how much she needs for the repair, and whether that money has now been raised and what will happen with any leftover. She’s been clever by simply rattling her tin and reminding everyone her website will remain free for those who need it etc etc rather than blatantly confirm any further detail on the cost.

She should be regulated! People will have no proof whatsoever regarding their money and what it’s been used for. They could be funding terrorism* or anything and they don’t even care, they’re just blindly chucking it at her.
*of course I’m absolutely not suggesting that is the case, just in the event that I needed to clear that up.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
She couldn't possibly euthanise her old website, those political prisoners need access to the jacket beetato from February 2018 and Christmas present shopping for £25 in 2015. Can you imagine all her coolinary masterpieces gone forever? The loss to humanity as a whole would be unbearable.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
She’s been clever by simply rattling her tin and reminding everyone her website will remain free for those who need it etc etc
It has to be free, because let us be honest, who in their right mind would pay?

Scrub that, we've witnessed the squiggles falling over themselves to chuck money her way. There would be enough that would subscribe to her poxy website.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I saw the last couple of pages with the Squiggle uprising murmurs and got excited. Now my lights are dimming as I realise that she will wriggle out of it like the buttered snake she is. Blue ticks must have muted her and the squiggles need instructions to find their front doors. Come ON journalists, you must be reading all this! Do your jobs, we’re begging you! 🙏🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
It’s obscene. Tone deaf, wanton begging.

I’m waiting for the ‘leave me alone’ pity posts. As sure as night follows day, any backlash will be swept under a hideous rag rug of self indulgent woe.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Next paragraphs say: (it’s like they’ve just gone through these threads)
Followers frequently offer money to help out, despite struggling to get by themselves in some instances. But the problem is, questioning someone on their lifestyle fuels the old harmful stereotype about benefits and flatscreen TV. Do some influencers profit from taking up identities that are too awkward to question?

a character who cycles through social causes, identities, and illnesses. A pattern has emerged of promoting themselves as a sort of spokesperson for each thing, gaining a new wave of followers, dropping it and moving on to something else. But gossip forum screenshots reveal contradictions in the tales of woe. They appear to be siphoning off sympathy for social causes to grow their own profile. Even if a social issue doesn’t impact them personally, like racism, they hone in on any pushback their own online campaigning has gotten, rather than boosting the people already working in that area.

👌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Yeah this article came out about a year or so ago and we all got excited, hoping this may be the beginning of her exposure. No such luck ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Yeah this article came out about a year or so ago and we all got excited, hoping this may be the beginning of her exposure. No such luck ☹
I've just clocked the date, my brain keeps thinking it's 2021! It's a full moon tonight, is this thread experiencing a chaos? 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
It’s obscene. Tone deaf, wanton begging.

I’m waiting for the ‘leave me alone’ pity posts. As sure as night follows day, any backlash will be swept under a hideous rag rug of self indulgent woe.
There might not be any kind of response from Jack though. Trifle Defender has been smart and not named any names, and neither has anyone in the replies.

Reactions: 47
The Bootstrap Beg will live to see another day, sadly. Glad more people are waking up to it though.

You do not (untruthfully) boast about buying things you don’t need while shaking your tip jar.

• Heart
Ah well, hopefully a production company will take pity and put her back on telly. I need a good laugh.

• Haha
Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 23.10.04.png

64 likes TD! Not too shabby. Some of those people are in food, writing or both.

Jack probably eyeballing the money coming in and wondering whether the light should be off/on behind the eyes tomorrow.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
I am actually interested to see what the next gig is. Will she be able to don the stab vest and appear at a festival this year? Release the Big Book O’ Shite and tour it? Will a dafter brand than Linda’s or Mel Donte or Bristol Stool hire her?
MLM table at SB’s school fair?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I am actually interested to see what the next gig is. Will she be able to don the stab vest and appear at a festival this year? Release the Big Book O’ Shite and tour it? Will a dafter brand than Linda’s or Mel Donte or Bristol Stool hire her?
MLM table at SB’s school fair?
Guess the book due December 2021 ain't happening?!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
This tweet has now been liked by the editor of the Observer Food Monthly 👀
If only said editor would do an expose on grifter Jack. Don’t just like the tweet, bloody well get a backbone and call Jack out for it.

It must be an open secret/joke in those circles surely that Jack is effectively cosplaying being poor? If that’s the case they’re just enabling Jack and liking a tweet then just feels fairly redundant?

Appreciate this is the editor of the Observer Food Monthly so I’m likely expecting too much and am cynical re ever seeing Jack truly being served their arse on a plate. Also appreciate, given Jack’s various cosplays it makes it hard for anyone to call her out and not be accused of being cruel/unkind/ableist/right wing etc etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.