Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sterling work 👍 seeing all those examples really brings it home. If only her fans could see this.
Yes exactly. Seeing them all starkly like that more than ever begs the question - why won't she get a job?
Her media career has ground to a halt. We can all safely assume she won't be on television again, at least in a cookery capacity. Never invited onto Saturday Kitchen Live was a clear indicator of that (and there is absolutely no way she has been invited on and turned it down).
Fair enough carry on fannying around at home with spoons and dyeing clothes and moving boxes - but don't expect complete strangers to subsidise this life style choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
This is the bit that takes the biscuit. She doesn't even try.

Am awake with sciatica (feeling ancient, send cattos/doggos) and yet I'll still get up and work tomorrow. Obviously that's nowhere near as dreadful as Jack's list of ailments longer than the contents of Gray's Anatomy but she's not even using any of her litany of usual excuses.

It's just "website broke; send cash; look at spoons".
I feel your pain (or at least I have in the past and at times it was horrific) one of the best things a physio showed me was a back block exercise where basically you lie back with your bum on a yellow pages or something similar and it helps to decompress the spine. It really helped with physio also. Hope u are well soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yes exactly. Seeing them all starkly like that more than ever begs the question - why won't she get a job?
Her media career has ground to a halt. We can all safely assume she won't be on television again, at least in a cookery capacity. Never invited onto Saturday Kitchen Live was a clear indicator of that (and there is absolutely no way she has been invited on and turned it down).
Fair enough carry on fannying around at home with spoons and dyeing clothes and moving boxes - but don't expect complete strangers to subsidise this life style choice.
BIB it’s exactly this. There is duck all stopping her getting a regular job. It’s simply that she has become quite accustomed to her LIFESTYLE.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
If I were to have a job that took 80 hours out of my week without comfortably paying my bills and being able to buy better food and a few luxuries I'd pack it in and work in a factory or do retail. She's an entitled hole.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
If I were to have a job that took 80 hours out of my week without comfortably paying my bills and being able to buy better food and a few luxuries I'd pack it in and work in a factory or do retail. She's an entitled hole.
And the fact she pays herself a living wage. What’s all the rest of the money doing? It’s still hers. She has no employees. What about that £30k house deposit? Her business expenses are literally a website and she can’t even manage that without a rattle rattle. I don’t believe for a second she’s on the bones of her arse, and if she is maybe she should stop spunking money on dye pods and bleeping old cutlery (when she has plenty enough for the purpose it serves, does a wanky old knife make her recipe more appealing?) and baskets for the kitchen and tit.

Go and get a job!

• Heart
Reactions: 65
The thing is with the Patreons and their subscriptions, so many have been paying for years presumably because they have forgotten about the what to them is a negligible amount of money. It’s a sizeable amount of free money indeed, way more even on the lowest tier than my income. So anything else is just pocket money for her. A bonus if you like.
Until every patreon cancels the cash she’s in clover and knows it.
Honestly I wonder why I went to work for 45 years. But then again I sleep at night and don’t lie, scam and scrabble in puddles. Decent people don’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I wish there was a podcast investigating grifting

It actually should be on BBC watchdog or whatever it is

• Heart
Reactions: 51
It’s interesting, though, that each time Jack has a chaos, more and more squigs come out of the woodwork to have a pop at her. This NEVER used to happen. So I guess the tide is turning, slowly.

Mind you, this latest begging is unconscionable. Anyone can go onto her SM and have a look at her vast house with its many rooms, stuffed to the gills with high end furniture and expensive fripperies. Only a couple of weeks back, she had (she said) £30,000 in the bank. Over the last year she’s had a number of lucrative gigs - Del Monte, Netflix, I don’t suppose she did Diva for free either. And she spent several weeks in an expensive ApartHotel in London not that long ago.

She has no shame.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
And one that feels it's far beneath her. 😠

There is an American one called Swindled but they seem to focus on cases where the swindler is busted and has a satisfying downfall. Perhaps if we wait a while, dearheart Hotes...
Just found this UK based one:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Do you think Jack ever thinks ‘when people donate to me, they’re taking away the money they’d have donated somewhere else’. How does she even sleep at night knowing this?

She must have a dissociative personality to be able to even compartmentalise the guilt and shame of grifting and going about everyday life.
She’s a sociopath, personal opinion, but I really think she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Is finishing one's food so unusual that it's worthy of comment all the sodding time by her?! I mean maybe I'm just a greedy goblin but I tend to just eat what's on my plate most days and don't feel the need to announce I ate it all like it's some sort of great achievement.
It's the fact she advertises it as 4 portions and then gobbles it all down which is odd. I mean if she is creating low cost recipes which are 11p (or something) per serving then it suddenly isn't quite a budget meal when you eat the whole bleeping potfull.

The lentil thing predictably looks so bland, it is possible it could be ok jazzed up though. For once the bullet blender would be perfect for making it smooth but she mashes this one instead.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Bring back The Cook Report. Old Roger Cook would have sorted her out no bother!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
She's causing a grift in the space-time continuum. I don't even wish to know her weird and wonderful ways with frozen chips now. Shove them up your hole you blatant and shameless egocentric cockend.
Frozen chip shoved in hole 45p Paypal me @alanwantscashfast.btinternet.com

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Many "celebs" have found alternative employment due to covid affecting their normal jobs. Here's a couple of examples
I saw Ray at my local theatre in 2018. He played Cliff's part in the touring version of Summer Holiday. I went along as a good friend wanted to see it but was not really looking forward to it. Was actually a great deal of fun. Here is the ad, when I watched it on my tablet earlier my son thought Ray was Mickey Bubbles

This one is a bit different, more making a difference (after being turned down by Tesco!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Also sir Matt of the forearms does food unwrapped, they have taken on a GBBO contestant, that could have been mackie, if she wasn’t so piss poor at her 'job' 🙄

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.