Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CottageWitch

Agree. And whilst I’m very supportive of the arts and creative people who are able to make it their vocation; it seems there are many who are offended by the suggestion they perhaps take up another job whilst their industry is on its arse. What ever happened to compromise?
I know what you mean. I want to be an author, it's all I ever wanted to do and it's my true passion in life. Unfortunately, unless you're lucky enough to get a multi-movie deal and/or have a lot of books published it doesn't really pay the bills, so I have a day job to do that and write in my spare time. Do I hope that one day I'll achieve that childhood dream of living in a little cottage and doing nothing but writing and pottering about all day? Of course! But until then the (non-homeowning frau here) RENT still needs to be paid. Clearly I'm missing a trick - need to quit my job and set up a tip jar stat!

• Heart
Reactions: 56

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
As ball achingly awful as this all is, it's just another flash in the pan. She'll be back promising to splat her eyeshadow on in the colours of your old school tie next week.

• Haha
  • Heart

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Now all the middle class blue ticks can pat themselves on the back, content that they've done their activism for the day by retweeting their pet povvo. Meanwhile, Jack will switch on one of her six Phillips radios, choose a Cotswold sideboard to recline on, and bask in all the praise and attention while checking the contents of the tip jar and frantically rubbing her wrist.

I can't staaaaaaaand her.

• Heart
  • Angry

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
She's over committed as usual and is now building in a reason for missing her deadlines. I'd be amazed if she gets all three pieces out and if she does, they'll be so similar it'll look bad on the commissioning editors.

And in the meantime, the squigs asking for her latest pasta crime can just go fuck themselves because jack's already forgotten about them despite the fact that just this morning, she renewed her commitment to help the poors cook.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 55

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
So she said goodnight, retweeted herself (again), and is still faving and responding to lots of blue ticks telling her how speshul she is. Such a fucking dickhead (sorry MancBee but swearing is the only appropriate response sometimes).

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
I'm normally a lurker on here, but I had to make an account to say that this website stuff is absolutely insane.
I'm a web developer, it's WordPress, it's not complicated, it's a couple of hours work MAXIMUM - even if she had no back up.
At the very most, it'd be £100 to fix.
This makes my actual blood boil that she's rattling the tip jar and evading on the cost of things to people who don't know about this stuff.
She is actual scum
Definitely. She's really taking advantage of the fact that a lot of people who don't know anything about tech think it's far more complicated than it really is. If you're not tech-savvy, then you might well believe her bullshit.

But this is 2022, not 1996, and having a basic understanding of how websites work is no longer such a rare skill - no wonder so many squigs are finally wising up!

(welcome aboard, by the way!)

• Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
Three comment pieces (articles to you plebs) and a radio show appearance but she can't afford to fix her wordpress website or buy a new bike after her old one was allegedly stolen

• Haha
I'm fed up of blue ticks enabling Jack to kick leaves over her shit like a dog cat.

oh shush jack, everyone's still tweeting about PMQs! now is not the time for you sub-gcse economics takes!
How dare you shush Jack, the one and only Jack Monroe, champion of the poor. She got up extra early to post pseudo economics bilge in an attempt to bury the evidence of her grift which she is too feart to delete because all the big shots have seen it and commented.

• Heart
  • Haha

Peachy9

VIP Member
+ bearing in mind it’s always been her PayPal link in bio, not the website, it’s safe to say which one is the more profitable venture for her.

She won’t ever sort the website as running this story out for the next year will make her thousands and thousands of pounds.
It seems odd that she was able to set up a full functioning website way back when she had very little funding/support. Now apparently she's sitting at her desk coding away, as though shes hacking into MI5 just to get an already existing site back up.
Surely her publisher could sort this in an afternoon for her, it's part of the brand after all 🤷

• Heart

EllaEm87

VIP Member
Lived it for all of two minutes, through choice. Because she was too much of a martyr. She has a very supportive family and a network of very generous friends with a very deep gifting puddle, dearest Squigg. Jack Monroe has never been in poverty. Poor for a while, sure, maybe. Poverty? Like millions of families up and down the U.K. in substandard housing with rising living costs who can’t even get a carpet or have the mould fixed? No. Jack Monroe has never, ever lived that reality.

• Heart
  • Angry

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Her nearest Aldi is. 45 min walk, does Southend not have a bus or perhaps a taxi. If she spunked less on dusty spoons, she could pay a taxi fare there and back and also make a saving. My nearest Aldi is about that and yet if I need to save money I will take time out of my day and do the fucking walk. Stop being so lazy.
1 she has all day
2 she has a trolley
3 why bother when ocado deliver

• Haha
  • Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
what's wrong with matt! 😲
Just what the world needs, more vague hospital selfies 😆 . Sorry Matt fans, but I'd make it a law that you're not allowed to post hospital selfies without disclosing details 🤕

• Haha
  • Heart
My friend managed a HMV. He had to change the prices on CDs/DVDs every single day. So fucking what. It’s a fluctuating market. It has been since money was invented you PRUNE!

• Haha
  • Heart