Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Book Deadline Jack
Late to Conference Jack
Bauble Counter Jack
Anchovy Weigher Jack
Tiggy + Bo Jack (great for putting things in)

It (somehow) gets even worse when you see the "white sauce" she uses...some milk, two tablespoons of raw flour and an entire pack of butter uncooked and whizzed up in her blender.
Invoking Monty Python here. Please do not use this as recipe inspo Jack.
9d07ac3922ac9dea980c3606de2c98d6.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Completed It Jack.
Never finishes anything Jack.

Next time I have to explain the multiverse to someone, I'm using Jacks to illustrate my point.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Oh yeah, “folding” Jack
Softy soft white bread Jack
Insomniac Jack

Have we had weighted blanket Jack? I feel like this is something she would do and rave about as if she discovered them (2 years after everyone else).

Train menace Jack.
Sending Nudes in a way learned from Prince Harry Jack.

The tabloids will jump on this Jack
I'm sure she was gifted one, then didn't bother to thank them/promote it etc. Just another squig clutching at straws, and Jack being her typical ungrateful self.

Reactions: 22
From Jack's AMA on MN:

"Because I already have a high level of testosterone and taking it seems to have balanced me out mentally far better than any anti depressants ever did. Which may of course be a placebo effect. I have to be careful with it, as I have a crap heart and it can thicken the blood, and it is not a course of action that I recommend to anyone, it's not my place to."

So... Crap Heart Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
For your viewing erm, pleasure
cringe reverse rats tail teething necklace nonsense
Updated link, thanks @Veronicaaa for the full set

dear god.

well, i just don't know what to say.

the only adult i ever knew to use a teething ring used it when he was coming down off a hard cocaine binge and his teeth were grinding. i'm not suggesting for a moment that the same applies to our Jack, of course.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I miss “my son, the child prodigy” Jack

You know, when she’d retell something incredibly wise and pithy he’d said on a train in front of loads of people?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
From Jack's AMA on MN:

"Because I already have a high level of testosterone and taking it seems to have balanced me out mentally far better than any anti depressants ever did. Which may of course be a placebo effect. I have to be careful with it, as I have a crap heart and it can thicken the blood, and it is not a course of action that I recommend to anyone, it's not my place to."

So... Crap Heart Jack.
Dr Monroe really showing her honorary degree off, there.

So smart. Such science. Wow.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
My background is science and the way she fucks about with it annoys the hell outta me.

• Heart
Good bedroom routine jack
Tweeting at 3am jack
Somethings simmering jack
Visible underwear jack
rearranging kitchen jack
Soft pink light jack
Allergic jack
Not allergic to those things anymore jack
Egg jack
Year of not buying anything jack
Buying any old tit jack
Make up jack
Working 20 hours a day jack
So many books in the pipeline jack

it’s like the worst ideas at a new Barbie brainstorming meeting.

• Haha
That's hilarious, so she started a thread on fish finger lasagna as self promotion and it got pulled.

Fish finger lasagna sounds vile, doesn't matter who cooks it the fish finger coating would go weird and soggy and sloppy.
just googled the mumsnet ff lasagne and whilst it didn't bring up the post jack made herself, i noticed this in the comments and it actually made me laugh.
they've been on the cheese sauce issue since jack was nothing but a twinkle in my eye.

quote:

Thu 10-Sep-20 19:42:58

Well she put some cheese and milk in a blender with some flour, before pouring it over, which made me WTF a bit. I’m no great cook but even I know you need to cook the flour out not just blitz it together with everything else.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Make do and mend, home made bath salts, William Morris curtains, we are the village green preservation society Jack.
Does remind me of one of the less grim songs I like, Kate Rusby's cover of that Kinks song.

Side note, Kate Rusby is a good singer, but she's crap live.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh yeah, “folding” Jack
Softy soft white bread Jack
Insomniac Jack

Have we had weighted blanket Jack? I feel like this is something she would do and rave about as if she discovered them (2 years after everyone else).

Train menace Jack.
Sending Nudes in a way learned from Prince Harry Jack.

The tabloids will jump on this Jack
Unfortunately somebody gifted her a weighted blanket ☹
edit @Cookiecookie got there first

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Dragged a nutribullet to Edinburgh then proceeded to eat at Dishoom and 5 Guys Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Has Birthmark Jack been included?

Look at My Breasts/Don't You Dare Talk About My Breasts Jack (similar to lights on, lights off Jack)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.