Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HodgeSplodge

Brand new member, longtime lurker here! I joined to say I found the eBay listing for the vintage cutlery!

As you can see where Jack claims to have just purchased two sets - actually 7 were included in the listing - looks like maybe only a couple of extras were thrown in (assuming they weren't also just purchased) - plus that little Rolex spoon was already part of the bundle (as it's pictured on the original listing). And while it's true the listing was under £70 (£60 as sold), there was also £45 postage bringing the total to the sum of £105!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 201
Heart breaking to think that within 2-3 generations you can go from surviving genocide and bringing the only asset you’ve got with you for your survival, to your ancestor trying to give them to a prolific grifter.

That’s the most heart breaking thing I’ve seen all 2 years of this bizarre social media case study. Actually truly upsetting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 129

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
I had a spoon story at the end of the thread but it was dull so I am not reposting it.

I might kick off about something vaguely on-topic later.

Who knows.
I liked it!

Slightly OT - I am 40 years old this year, My husband does not let me take pots of yoghurt to work because I never bring the teaspoon home. I have to have froobs :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 126
Brand new member, longtime lurker here! I joined to say I found the eBay listing for the vintage cutlery!

As you can see where Jack claims to have just purchased two sets - actually 7 were included in the listing - looks like maybe only a couple of extras were thrown in (assuming they weren't also just purchased) - plus that little Rolex spoon was already part of the bundle (as it's pictured on the original listing). And while it's true the listing was under £70 (£60 as sold), there was also £45 postage bringing the total to the sum of £105!
Omg this is truly an iconic entrance thank you!

How do you non member lurkers survive without print screens?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116

Eurgh

VIP Member
A bit gauche to screenshot myself from the last thread but… CALLED IT!

D4722E8C-41EF-4E7D-9C07-41C44B8982AF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109

PinkMariner

Chatty Member

Well, well, well! What an absolute gem of a find! I suspect you will be very welcome here @HodgeSplodge!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 107

colouredlines

VIP Member
One big problem with people who make explicitly anti-Jack tweets in an attempt to open the squiggles' eyes is that it just doesn't work.

I'm sure someone who knows more about psychology than I do could explain it better, but essentially we really don't like to be told we're wrong (especially by random strangers online). Think about how whenever new Frauen join us, they say something like, "Over time I started to think things Jack said didn't really add up, so I did a bit of digging." They never say, "I tweeted about Jack and a random account commented saying that she's a tax-dodging cunt, wow!"

I know a lot of people here are impatient for the Fall of the House of Monroe, but it's not going to happen immediately. Realistically, a lot of former fans gradually step back and start questioning her. There will always be some diehard Jackolytes, though, because let's face it, I've got some leftover flour, any thoughts? or My entire family is deathly allergic to peanuts but I bought some anyway, got any nice recipes? don't suggest the best critical thinking skills...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
Good news everyone! The ebay spoon ephemera seller reached out to me, having recognised me as the famous traumatised sideboard, and sent me 20 boxes of spoons for only £400 (plus £90 postage). It's tetanus and iron oxide stew for dinner tonight, what a treat 😌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99

meowquiz

Browsing the quote retweets like the morning paper, and am reminded why I shouldn't feel bad for the squigs. So aggressively obtuse. I'm happy for the squig uprusing to continue, but some are just lost causes. (Then again, sad face squig has a patreon with 1 patron, for a total of $1, so maybe they admire and aspire to the Monroe Grift.)

B254BEFF-F44B-4F34-8C97-14B1C5978AFA.jpeg
998E090D-3F90-428B-A078-78723289B57D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 90
I don't think I appreciated at the time how fucking bizarre Comic Kitchen was since I was blinded by rage at the constant plink plonk of the music (save for an inexplicable break to listen to her heavy breathing). The best part was when she left in 17 seconds of attempting to get two cherry tomato halves off the chopping board before apparently scraping them in with her phone. 🐨-🍵 content.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
please squig no snails.png

This is her most recent liked tweet. Squig if you've manifested Snail Jack I'm going to triangulate you and steal all your baubles.

OT: spoons. Lads I'm looking at your spoon counts and am starting to feel very inadequate. It's also reminded me of a spoon anecdote. My sister and I always had blazing rows when we would visit our grandparents and had a free choice of spoon with which to eat our strawberry jelly made in a rabbit-shaped mould. There was a tiny, very impractical and yet for some reason very desirable spoon and we fought over who would get to use it. Even now part of me wants to know if my grandma still has it so I can take it and my sister has to eat her jelly with a tablespoon for evermore.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Erm couple things here. Looking at the eBay seller, I can't see any evidence that they are a registered business? They also have only 5 feedback ratings as a seller, the rest of the 887 are ratings as a buyer, so hardly a sign they have been "trading in similar for a long time". Unless I'm missing something here, it would suggest, once again -

jimmy-nail-shes-lying.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Morning ninnies! Remember our inspirational quotes phase? Good times. Anyway, I found a parody Insta account that seems like it was created specifically for Jack. Case in point:

Screenshot_20220115-105032_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-105038_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-105210_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-105126_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83