Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's kitchen is bigger than my kitchen diner, and yet we manage to survive. As do all our neighbours with 4 and 5 family members. They really have their head in the clouds when it comes to living expectations.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Jack's kitchen is bigger than my kitchen diner, and yet we manage to survive. As do all our neighbours with 4 and 5 family members. They really have their head in the clouds when it comes to living expectations.
Truly amazing to me that she doesn't realise how out-of-touch she sounds to most people (if they would just THINK about it a little). I mean, with all these emails coming in about people on benefits and scraping by you'd think it would click. Reminds me of the time she interviewed a man who was living in a car while she was at Allegra's and she was talking about envying him??

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
It looks similar to the size of my kitchen, which did have a dining table in, but I moved that to the living room when we moved in as we don't have a separate diner.
She's paying £2k a month. We'll that's what she was paying when she moved in 3 years ago. Probably gone up since then.
Holy tit.

And I bet it costs a bomb to heat as well.

Reactions: 34
Truly amazing to me that she doesn't realise how out-of-touch she sounds to most people (if they would just THINK about it a little). I mean, with all these emails coming in about people on benefits and scraping by you'd think it would click. Reminds me of the time she interviewed a man who was living in a car while she was at Allegra's and she was talking about envying him??
to be fair i think i'd take living in a car over *this*

gettyimages-520448430-1024x1024.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 72
I can't with her latest bout of utter bullshit.

My rented house 🥺
My non-existent budget (when it suits) 🥺
My rolling monthly fixed term tenancy that I'm desperate to get out of even though this crappy bungalow is the only place that's ever felt like home and I've been banging on for a year about wanting to buy it 🥺

Instead of twatting about making cardboard models of your furniture (seriously, WTAF) and whingeing about your massive, gorgeous house, try doing a day's work.

📣PAY YOUR bleeping TAXES
WRITE YOUR bleeping BOOKS
POST YOUR bleeping PRINTS
FIX YOUR bleeping WEBSITE
GET TO bleeping duck📣

(Apologies @MancBee but she's getting on my last nerve today)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
It's such a lovely, big space.

Our last house, we had to breathe in to get out the back door because of where they'd put the oven in relation to it. I never understand her rental situation either. Why sign on for something you profess to hate so much? She does nothing but complain about the crappy bungalow, and it looks such a lovely place really.
Quite. If I could earn/grift enough to rent somewhere like that, I would move tomorrow. I’d love to start a kitchen garden, and grow roses - just my little pipe dream 🙂 she’s an annoying, ungrateful whiner.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Reminder: this is her kitchen.

View attachment 983856
Hi Jack, the kitchen is about the the size of my rented flat. 🔺
I work in an ordinary job, which allows me to be an artist. I don't expext to be able to live off my art or anything else I simply fancy doing because I feel entitled. I don't ask other people for money to fund my lifestyle.
I don't moan about my 'pov' life. But my food has always looked and tasted a thousand times better than yours.
PS: I also pay my taxes on time!

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I just can't find any sympathy for someone living in a 3 bed detached house in an affluent part of a town. Jack's had ample opportunity to move and live within their means, but for whatever reason won't. Yet is quite happy to accept money from people less fortunate, but doing nothing in return.
I can't understand why people don't see this?
Maybe I'm just bitter as I had to pay my taxes this week:censored:

• Heart
Reactions: 61
She's paying £2k a month. We'll that's what she was paying when she moved in 3 years ago. Probably gone up since then.

ETA I only know this because I found the original rental listing by a quick Google last year. She came to the end of the original agreement in March last year and it briefly appeared on the estate agents website with 'not available until March 2021' on it. It said the rental cost.
She obviously came to a new agreement with the landlady. God knows how, the landlady is sick of her. She's always late with the rent, sometimes up to a couple of months. Jack said so on her own SM. She's also ripped up the kitchen floor, torn down a wall in an outbuilding and kept pets without permission.
My guess is She's paid a year's rent in advance.
Unless...the being late with rent was a lie to grift!

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I don't know... A place like that is probably close to £1000 per month and I thought she only had about £800 in Patreon subs?
That’s the absolute bare bare bare bare minimum she could be getting. Personally I think it’s a bit more as her Twitter audience are largely affluent #FBPE liberal types. Will do annual update at nap time today with a range of estimates.

The housing topic fucks me off no end - what does she expect? Firstly there’s a housing crisis. She’s not working much for starters and she’s certainly not developing a career? Is she aware of how much work like a new kitchen or extension would cost, even if you’re a homeowner it’s not always clear cut as you’ve got to think about your home’s market cap and ROI on big work like that, and if you borrow the money it impacts so many things. Life isn’t as easy as me want me gets even if you’re lucky enough to be comfortable, everyone has a finite amount of money that everything has to come from.

She is really dumb?????

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I wonder if this is what she's trying to pitch for?

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 12.21.30.png

(note the capitalisation of Sort Out)

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 12.21.21.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I'm probably not dealing well with pandemic timeflow, but I swear when I was last regularly in these threads she'd just reorganised/deep cleaned her kitchen

I've been Grunking right from the start and I often feel like there are patterns of behaviour and repeating grifts

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Who the duck makes scale models of their room and furniture? Surely you just use your eyes and think “that’ll work” or “no, my 7 sideboards won’t fit in this room”?

How much STUFF does she have to need to make a scale model? LJC, it makes me sick.

So I guess we can tick “mega planning of selling some tit clothes” off the to do list if she’s moved on to another project? Well done Jack 👏

Seeing as you’ve fully caught up Jack, can you update us on the kitten and Dash please?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
This is like something from Doctor Who. Some kind of vortex that sucks time and meaning out of a life.

Or like some bit of experimental theatre where people pay to watch someone shovel a heap of rubble from one side of the stage to the other and back again for three hours.

And what is this imaginary deity "my work"?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
...can you update us on the kitten and Dash please?
I have been thinking about this over the past few days.

Jack is keeping this information to herself as she thinks it is angering the Cabal. The kitten and Dash are more than likely doing OK and Jack is sniggering away at the thought of us worrying.

She really is that deranged; In my opinion m'lord. Though to be fair, I'm not medically trained to give a diagnosis of a mental disorder, so it is pure speculation based on Jack's deranged behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.