Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who the duck makes scale models of their room and furniture? Surely you just use your eyes and think “that’ll work” or “no, my 7 sideboards won’t fit in this room”?

How much STUFF does she have to need to make a scale model? LJC, it makes me sick.

So I guess we can tick “mega planning of selling some tit clothes” off the to do list if she’s moved on to another project? Well done Jack 👏

Seeing as you’ve fully caught up Jack, can you update us on the kitten and Dash please?
Doesn’t everyone create their house on Sims 👀 Shuffle furniture around that way?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Jack's kitchen is twice the size of mine. The difference being I'm grateful for mine because I worked hard to get it.

The idea that she can't get any work done in a kitchen of this size is ridiculous. If you've got too much stuff a) you have money and b) a clear hoarding issue.

The only degree she has a chance of obtaining is one in advanced bullshittery.

P.S. She's also a grief vulture, sticking her beak into the local election for no good reason

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Ffs. My draining board is to the left. It has been for 5 years.

You live with it. Unless you have a millionty pounds to have a perfect fecking kitchen designed for you, you live with what you have.

Piss off.
Maybe I'm showing my "slightly ambidextrous" privilege here, but what difference does it make which side the draining board is?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Even that beautiful big window covered in clutter and crap aaaaaaaargh.
The kitchen actually stresses me.

The older I get the less I actually want. My dream is for a skip. I want to do a jack but rather than Just move my tat around, I wanna chuck it and go back to basics. My husband however likes stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Whilst her age and income (£100k+ p/a era, not current dregs era) mates are thinking about their household budget, savings & investments for them and kid(s), content & buildings insurance, vehicles and MOT and tax and insurances, life insurance, short and mid term savings for #renos or holidays, careers, family, relationships, the forever home, elderly parents, blah blah blah…. Jack’s making micro scale cardboard furniture? 😳👍🏻

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Maybe I'm showing my "slightly ambidextrous" privilege here, but what difference does it make which side the draining board is?
I thought I was pernickety because I care which side the zip is on a sleeping bag but it never occurred to me that the draining board needed to be on the right.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Twining kitchen Jack has sent me over the edge. Oh and Allegra is on the TV. I can’t believe Jack hasn’t made it on to Stephs Packed Lunch yet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Jack's kitchen is twice the size of mine. The difference being I'm grateful for mine because I worked hard to get it.

The idea that she can't get any work done in a kitchen of this size is ridiculous. If you've got too much stuff a) you have money and b) a clear hoarding issue.

P.S. She's also a grief vulture, sticking her beak into the local election for no good reason
This is all further proof that Jack has no idea how a restaurant or professional kitchen works, they are usually teeny and every inch is planned to create a flow and keep any other space for tables, which is where the money is made.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

Picking up on the grief vulture part, I've been waiting for her to wade in on Sinead O'Connor's loss of her son to
suicide

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This is all further proof that Jack has no idea how a restaurant or professional kitchen works, they are usually teeny and every inch is planned to create a flow and keep any other space for tables, which is where the money is made.
OMG exactly! Long term readers may know (sorry for the Jack-ism 😂) that I used to have a fast food takeaway shop 🔺, we made everything from massive vats of soups to steak pies, lasagnes, macaroni, chilli, full breakfasts, paninis, chips obvs (etc etc you get the drift) in the tiniest of spaces to feed loads of hungry tradesmen and office workers every day. Her kitchen is about 4 times the size of our tiny one, our entire space was probably only slightly larger than hers in total and we managed to cram massive freezers deep fat fryers and industrial griddle units etc and there were quite a few of us who had to work in it. She has NO IDEA.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
OMG exactly! Long term readers may know (sorry for the Jack-ism 😂) that I used to have a fast food takeaway shop 🔺, we made everything from massive vats of soups to steak pies, lasagnes, macaroni, chilli, full breakfasts, paninis, chips obvs (etc etc you get the drift) in the tiniest of spaces to feed loads of hungry tradesmen and office workers every day. Her kitchen is about 4 times the size of our tiny one, our entire space was probably only slightly larger than hers in total and we managed to cram massive freezers deep fat fryers and industrial griddle units etc and there were quite a few of us who had to work in it. She has NO IDEA.
Did you make béchamel?

• Haha
She's totally got one of these? She used it for DKL?

AE5EE43B-7390-43A6-AD8A-69727A82843E.jpg

Did you make béchamel?
Natch! The base for our cheese sauce for our macaroni cheese and lasagne! This is why her 'method' burns to the CORE.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Anyone get the impression that, like the clothes dyeing and the Depopping… this kitchen reorganisation “project” is just another pointless exercise in epic procrastination and Twitter engagement?

Do your taxes, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.