Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I steam because I am too lazy to iron! Most of my clothes don't need ironing, but the odd one does, so I have a handheld steamer and if I have more than 3.5 seconds to consider my outfit in a morning, I have the steamer ready and can just wazz it over the creases and look mildly presentable.
We're living the same life! I hate ironing, so steam all the way, baby lol. (Steamer and a bit of starch makes coats looks fabulous too!)

I wonder what Jack is organising today?

Reactions: 24

Vanelope

VIP Member
I swear to God if Jack so much as looks at them I'll .... I'll .....

Only @Veronicaaa can spend £5k papering a wall Jack, don’t even think about it!

edit 🥕 wanker

If she dares mess with the eggs en cocotte I will instruct a military Khoo.

She’s fab - I love how she did Paris and now does Sweden - married a Swede I believe but if I’m wrong European is European after all.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Silver Linings

VIP Member
New thread while she fizzes about cutlery ⬇

• Heart
  • Haha

Vanelope

VIP Member
OT but the kindle version of Nancy Birtwhistle’s clean and green is 99p on Amazon today. Her insta account makes me happy - I want to be her when I’m grown up.

• Heart

Gildinwen-TKB

Her food is not my cup of tea, but her beginner As level at best knowledge of politics is ridiculous. Her research seems mostly based on her say and biased media accounts, most of her own knowledge is based on biased fist waving anger of why haven't I got what they got?! None of it is helpful or useful.

To understand politics you have to grasp and understand both sides regardless of how you feel about it and make a sensible decision on what needs to be done moving forward. Anger, ego and self appreciation and are not useful( hence why the current parliament are useless)

Parliament needs to stop the he said she said and actually address proper issues and learn to work together to make a workable system in which the people and the system and work hand in hand.

In recent years the constant mud slinging from all sides has resulted in the real neglect of what's important.

All of this!!!! And sorta OT but I don't know if you've been following what Chris Evans (the actor not the DJ) has been doing with his site "A Starting Point" ??? People criticised it for giving a platform for extreme right wing republicans, saying he was both sides-ing American politics, but how can you argue against them if you don't know what they stand for?
(In any case it's a civics site to be used in schools but people won't see that because they think he's stupid)

MooBelle

VIP Member
I think she's blocked the window with those bookshelves. The way the bed was had the window at the foot of the bed. She could've moved the bed but that would block the built in cupboards. She's either blocked the window or built them round the bed like a wall.

• Wow
  • Haha

Django

VIP Member
The Vixen on The Chase mentioned this little clip and it must be what the poor squiggles feel when they have cooked a Jack recipe.

• Heart
  • Haha

Vanelope

VIP Member
On an aside, are recipe manglers really authors? Kind of annoying. Not sure I’d even call a chef an author per se…surely they are more picture books 😂🤣
I picked up Nigella’s latest the other day and it’s awfully wordy. Love her - but still. Never use three words when thirty will do.

Toffee finger

VIP Member
The Red Dwarf books are apparently good if anyone hasn’t heard of them (like me till about a month ago when my husband started reading them!)

Just had a quick check over on her Patreon. Latest post is still the one she posted on 23 November 2020 entitled 'Discount Code for November!'

I know a lot of people here feel sorry for her patreons. I don't share that sentiment. If you are rich enough to not care or notice that a monthly fee gives you nothing in return, you deserve a non-existent beige postcard. Just wish those people would donate to an actual charity instead, given they evidently have enough disposable income.
Is it one of those things where you have to sign up to see all the posts? Not that I’d expect Jack to do much but to not update since Nov 2020 is terrible!

• Sad
Reactions: 23