Jack Monroe #238 Honestly, they're like two stupid pigeons fighting over a discarded doughnut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember back in the first couple of threads there was the goth/vampire type guy who seemed to be very keen on Jack…. I don’t think he was the actual stalker but a bit of an obsessed fan. I bet he would pay good money for Jack’s cast off clothes.
I know of someone who sold some old shoes on a selling site and the bloke asked her for soiled hose too.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
She does this occasionally, I think she think she's being charming or something.
PR innit. So the next time she says something offensive and/or stupid she doesn't lose too many followers 🤷

Btw I didn't lose out on my big opportunity. Still on the table 😁 I'm excited but I also feel like I'm going to vomit 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Remember back in the first couple of threads there was the goth/vampire type guy who seemed to be very keen on Jack…. I don’t think he was the actual stalker but a bit of an obsessed fan. I bet he would pay good money for Jack’s cast off clothes.
He can dress a mannequin up in them, then prop it up with a bowl of slop and pretending they’re eating dinner together.

Trouble is, you’d have to keep constantly changing the wig and nose to resemble her. She’s a tricky celeb to get psychotically obsessed with. Maybe he could switch to Nigella?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
What stigma is this?? Honestly I've never had anyone comment that I sound too 'Essex' whatever that is. Then again, I tend not to talk too much bollocks in a professional setting.
If anything the Essex (and more generally the south of England) accent is overrepresented in the media, but then Jack probably counts Birmingham as The North.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm trying not to be too rude about the dress as @Jelly Bean likes it and I'm sure others do too. Let's just say it's not to my taste and leave it at that! But a bizarre choice for someone in their early 20s, no?
I would wear it, but I wouldn’t have worn it in my 20s. Im a 1988 baby the same as Jack

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh my God, I owned the same floral bird monstrosity dress she's flogging.

Am away to think on my sins because Jack bloody Monroe and I have once had the same taste.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
If it hasn't already been said......

She will sell via PayPal or some such method so she isn't subject to selling fees. No money will go to charity. If she even does it at all. Which I doubt.
if i was buying from her [i wont be] i would agree a price, then offer to send half of that to charity and the other half to her. :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
If anything the Essex (and more generally the south of England) accent is overrepresented in the media, but then Jack probably counts Birmingham as The North.
I guess people tend to think we all sound like East Londoners or extras from Eastenders 😂 It's really not the case. Just the same as we don't all look like we've stepped out of Towie😬 Although I do probably sound more common than most of my friends they haven't made me an outcast yet!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Didn't he say something like 'I want to wear your skin' and she was all like 'thankyou 🥰 '
Hey Im defender of the vampire squig.
He writes fantasy vampire stuff and had a novel published. He was just quoting it. He had a terrible upbringing and was kicked out of home and was learning to cook from Jack’s books, so his life really was awful. Also he disagreed with her about two months later. I liked the poor performative goth-wannabe.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Oh my God, I owned the same floral bird monstrosity dress she's flogging.

Am away to think on my sins because Jack bloody Monroe and I have once had the same taste.
Babe, I still wake up in the night worried about my Sophie Conran plates (from a seconds shop 🔺)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
if i was buying from her [i wont be] i would agree a price, then offer to send half of that to charity and the other half to her. :)
Amazing idea. This should catch on. Honestly don't know why she doesn't just donate it. She will make about 30 quid tops, take off fees and or other stuff she will actually .make about a tenner, half to charity, so for a full days work( according to he) r, she will make 5 English pounds. MONEY IN THE BANK

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Jack claimed she caramelized the grapefruit, I doubt that is possible, I reckon she smeared the grapefruit with marmite.

View attachment 979021
Thanks for digging this gem out, I hooted up a lung remembering this epic period of Jack's creations. The word 'larvae' was mentioned back then.
On a medium grunk and wondering if and how the romantic meal has panned out.

If I were somebody's date it would be an enormous turnoff to see the other person ask followers publicly on SM what to cook for me, including a vote and discussion. I would be most likely legging it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.