Jack Monroe #238 Honestly, they're like two stupid pigeons fighting over a discarded doughnut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LJC on an absolute bicycle. What a load of old shite!!!!

If you don't like it, take yourself away from it - get a real job, live a normal life. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Don't know how I quoted twice, currently traumatised by having to search through a covid positive clients bin after changing pain patch and forgetting we have to return the used ones to the pharmacy as they are controlled drugs.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
The bit that gets me is “needless to say they were not my friends when I was a single mum in Southend”

NO tit! They wouldn’t have ever met you before that. I too am not friends with people I have never met.

Give me strength

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
bleeping LOL

"My doorbell rang again and again, young men with notepads that I glanced at through my window that I can only assume were journalists as various newspapers reported on the incident."

Jack retreated from the world under the duvet and simultaneously checked all the google alerts

#mental gymnastics

• Haha
Reactions: 27

"I was at a dinner party, hiding in the loo. For twenty minutes. I came out to find a New-Famous-Friend waiting to go in. Apologised for taking so long, while I scoped out somewhere else to hang out for a few minutes. She looked at me long and hard. “I get it. I’d rather be up here too, but my career depends on me being down there.” I nodded. Mine too."

i cringed so hard reading this. harder than i think i've ever cringed before in my life.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 81
The bit that gets me is “needless to say they were not my friends when I was a single mum in Southend”

NO tit! They wouldn’t have ever met you before that. I too am not friends with people I have never met.

Give me strength
She's literally calling them cunts (sorry Manc).

As in, 'They're only my friends coz I am famous' vibes.

And I absolutely cannot stand the 'celebs' who apparently hate being famous, but, choose to be. 'We have to be down there'. Ergh no you don't. All these celebs MH problems are caused by themselves. If they stepped away from the limelight, got off the socials, and led a normal life, I guarantee all those anxieties and depressions would magically disappear.

But no, Twats like Jack and her dinner buddies, choose to live inauthentic lives and monetise their misery. Self diagnosing illnesses and self appointing themselves as brave spokespeople.

They can all do one.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Give me strength
But.... but.... but, she is good friends with Richard Osman and I doubt they've been in the same room together, never mind met! It's like she has imaginary friends, but they are real people, she just imagines they like her!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Classic bit of Sixth Form Jack.
Ridiculous.
My favourite bit was the first sentence under 'Dear Readers' where she sets out her entire MO while explicitly saying she is not like that. Gaslighting or zero self-awareness? Bit of both?
who fucking knows.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
"I was at a dinner party, hiding in the loo. For twenty minutes. I came out to find a New-Famous-Friend waiting to go in. Apologised for taking so long, while I scoped out somewhere else to hang out for a few minutes. She looked at me long and hard. “I get it. I’d rather be up here too, but my career depends on me being down there.” I nodded. Mine too."

i cringed so hard reading this. harder than i think i've ever cringed before in my life.
She was at a dinner party with new (celebrity) friends, relaxing with her friends, and their careers depended on it and simultaneously JM was so focussed on her career that she was in twitter

#mental gymnastics

• Haha
I’m an Aldi/Lidl frau through and through, but when on holiday/working up north Booths is my treat. Their ginger crumble slices at Christmas time are just 👩‍🍳💋 The thought of the Smol Pixie in a Booths store makes me feel ill 😷

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Surely that’s not her house. I don’t believe for a second that she knows *that* much about music.
No but it probably explains the recent post about records - she fancies someone who does and will soon be an expert.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Avocado is nasty slimey smelly eco-unfriendly mush.

I am also SEVERELY allergic to it. As I found out after I used it in a smoothie.
Agree. Avocado here is disgusting however I once had guacamole in actual Mexico and it was bloody lovely. Clearly they send us the defective avocados.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She was at a dinner party with new (celebrity) friends, relaxing with her friends, and their careers depended on it and simultaneously JM was so focussed on her career that she was in twitter

#mental gymnastics
her career depended on: going to a dinner party, acting like a wallflower, staring at her shoes, going on twitter whilst at the table, spending 20 minutes hiding in the toilet, escaping only to find somewhere else to hang out.

no wonder she hasn't had the success she craves.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
No stop it, I’m screaming. Between no soy sauce on her n00dz, to the #dhoty “Hi, gentle friend hiding in the loo - I’m super famous dinner guest (you may know me from…) - here’s how I deal with being super famous at dinner parties”

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I’m sure I seen a comment in the last thread about a claim Jack had made about being a nutritionist. Is this what she means by that?

Emma: It’s amazing you haven’t turned your back on all the hard stuff. And it’s so interesting that the brilliant resources you developed to tackle your own food poverty, became the thing that rescued you.
Jack: Yes, though I’d always had an odd relationship with food. My first publisher told me to never tell anyone, but I was anorexic as a teenager – I didn’t cope very well with going through puberty and I just stopped eating. Eight years of studiously reading packets meant I developed an absolutely forensic knowledge of calories, protein, carbohydrates – that’s where my knowledge of nutrition comes from. So when I became a single mum on the dole, I knew that the things that I used to avoid – pasta, rice, potatoes – would be the things that would keep me and my son alive. And when I then became a food writer, that encyclopaedic knowledge meant I really knew about how food works.
I CAN NAME ALL THE ORGANS IN THE HUMAN BODY BUT IT DOESNT MAKE ME A DOCTOR.

apols for shouty caps. Srsly tho.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I read an article by Tim Minchin where he explained how not all famous people are dicks, but being famous turns you into a dick. He didn’t want to become alcohol dependent and have an affair, things which became more possible when he was touring all the time, so he went home to his wife and stopped touring for ages. Was interesting how he liked being at home with his family but also loved being on stage making loads of people laugh and hanging out in bars all over the world. Very first world problems, but gave an insight into how warped it is being a ‘celebrity’.

Of course it was part of the publicity for his new tour…:unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart

Realistically that person would have been stood waiting thinking ffs I only needed a wee and I’ve got to go endure that bathroom someone’s just demolished, and just done this face as she passed

B544EE91-4517-4CFC-B58C-83CB5235F6D2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Agree. Avocado here is disgusting however I once had guacamole in actual Mexico and it was bloody lovely. Clearly they send us the defective avocados.
You don't pick them from the tree in the morning dew and write a blog post *apropos* when you were poor? Poor you #joking.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.