Jack Monroe #237 Cycles through personalities like a dying Terminator

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not just insulting to front line workers, but to the millions who experience poverty, deprivation, social inequalities and injustice....the way these influencers bang on, gormelessly, about all they've achieved blows my mind. The staggering lack of empathy or understanding of how privileged they are, and of the realities faced by the many who don't have that privilege. I'm a frontline worker in one of the most deprived parts of the country and I spend so much time incensed that politicians oversee health/social care/public health/education/leveling the fuck up or whatever the rest of those departments are called with ZERO idea or experience or empathy for what the people who work in and use all these services face. So I suppose its overly ambitious to expect an influencer to manage it but. It's so frustrating that these are the role models/mouthpieces/faces of neoliberalism capitalism. Ugh. Why is everyone a twat

I thought 2020 was going to be the year, I thought we would have no appetite for boss babe insta huns in a pandemic but they all blooming flourished it does feel like there is a lot more discontent and backlash going around at the moment. I also hope the tide is turning....

Reactions: 64
Those lentils have the same 24 hours in a day as molly mae and they choose to spend half of that turning into turgid cement at a cost of 29p + the gas/electric = £7.57 now that’s working harder than other lentils

Reactions: 88
Ooooo soooo early, bookmark

Reactions: 22
Reminds me of this

Attachments

Reactions: 62
I love it because Jack did have everything handed to her as a kid (and still does) and would have been able to make her 24 hours into something that people in poverty wouldn't, but instead she ballsed it right up and is forever bitter about it.

If she starts spewing about being poor today in response to MMH I'll scream. MMH probably comes from a poorer background than Jack...

Reactions: 38
I'm sorry but how does selling crap to strangers hardwork they are no better tha. Door to door sales ( And they don't even have to yomp from door to door) selling complete crap. Can proudly say I've never bought a think from an insta Hun, wouldn't waste my cash!

Reactions: 22
I think we should stop calling them influencers and bring back peer pressurers, snake oil salespeople, flim flam people, manipulators and good ole con artists as the appropriate terminology. When you think about it, influencers is a pretty ropey term anyway.

Reactions: 69
12 hours! They would become a congealed and sentient pulse monster, ready to take over Southend and pollute the sea.

Reactions: 25
I'm sorry but ....

https://giphy.com/vy0fmrQQu27DAs3EuV

You spend 12 hours cooking these things and before you serve you .... drain all the flavour from them? And then what? What happens with the stuff that's drained? Down the plughole? I truly do not get it.

Reactions: 66
Jack would love it round my ends today, btw, it's a total winter wonderland . She'd be outside scampering down the pavement in her bare feet before getting a splinter or something and spending the next 2 days howling in agony.

Reactions: 44
12 hours! They would become a congealed and sentient pulse monster, ready to take over Southend and pollute the sea.
This reminded me of Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes. I wonder if Jack remembers that cartoon (from looking it up it was early 90s in the US, I'd have seen it mid 90s, most likely).

Reactions: 19
The word influencer just makes me think of the cult guy who got loads of people to drink poisoned kool aid and they all died. Forgotten his name and have no idea how to use google.

Reactions: 31
The word influencer just makes me think of the cult guy who got loads of people to drink poisoned kool aid and they all died. Forgotten his name and have no idea how to use google.
Jim Jones. There's a brilliant 2 part Storyville documentary on him called Terror in the Jungle, which is more like a horror film.

Reactions: 35
This tweet is is in response to an empty shelves / Brexit post. It is, I think, meant to be sarcastic. Little do they know ....

Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.