Jack Monroe #236 You absolute whelksplat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think she said air-dried - but air-fried - using her parents air fryer.

would it be any better? ruby rose…
Look, we all know by ‘borrow parents air fryer’ she means ‘spunk £100 buying a top range one from John Lewis, use once, then hoard in garage.’

I’m not looking forward to air fryer Jack. There were a couple of air fryer enthusiasts in my Slimming World group and they relentlessly chatted on about the tit they’d put in it. “I made syn free nuggets!” “I made roast potatoes!” Of course our maverick will probably try to make bread in it or something stupid like that.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I dicked about adding to the in jokes and alcohol sections the other day
Babe, same. I’ve cleared out the dead links from the memes page (it felt like clearing out my dear mom @Alansbigplate’s wardrobe 😭) and have added some of the Refaces I’ve saved. TBH, I was shamed into doing it because I wanted us to be better and more organised than onabootstrap.con (not hard admittedly, even without a dozen software engineers).

If anyone has any fave Refaces they remember from Alan’s splendid body of work let me know and I’ll do my best to riff on them shamelessly rip them off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Ooooo you will regret saying that

IMG_0206.GIF.jpg
mackie.jpg
estelle.jpg
fruit.jpg

The other one that had my crying was the little house on the prairie with that man and Matt of the forearms

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
“mining the rooms for things to pass off as her own, which pretty much seems to be her MO on everything she does” oooo they know, they really really know!
Sure that there is an episode of Elementary where someone who attends Sherlock's AA group passes his exploits off as his own on a monitised blog. Doubt that's where smol pixie got the idea from as we would surely have been tweeted to about the gorgeous Lucy Liu

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sure that there is an episode of Elementary where someone who attends Sherlock's AA group passes his exploits off as his own on a monitised blog. Doubt that's where smol pixie got the idea from as we would surely have been tweeted to about the gorgeous Lucy Liu
That was a bit sinister as he started
murdering people
as he thought he was helping sherlock. Luv elementary

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Babe, same. I’ve cleared out the dead links from the memes page (it felt like clearing out my dear mom @Alansbigplate’s wardrobe 😭) and have added some of the Refaces I’ve saved. TBH, I was shamed into doing it because I wanted us to be better and more organised than onabootstrap.con (not hard admittedly, even without a dozen software engineers).

If anyone has any fave Refaces they remember from Alan’s splendid body of work let me know and I’ll do my best to riff on them shamelessly rip them off.
Two soups! It was impossible to get Jacks face on Julie Walters though, so instead the customers - I guess Celia Imrie and Jim Broadbent probably- both got Jacked and it was CURS-ED the face kept slipping on and off. Good times.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Why is she air-drying the stuffing then deep-frying it? Where logic?!

Anyway, Jack's website crisis has led to a LOT of her archives suddenly being online. I've been screenshotting my way through them for a few days, without saying anything here in case they mysteriously vanished again. A lot to unpack soon! But today - in the spirit of Jack's recent rants about non-alcoholic drinks - I have a treat for our teetotal Frauen:

View attachment 968787

Just imagine turning up to a party, mentioning your sobriety, and being given a glass of Sainsbury's Basics vinegar. Cheers!
What the actual duck

• Haha
Reactions: 18

The blonde girl from Little House on the Prairie was my request and I swear it repeated on me for days!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Do you only have it grilled on one side?! I hate to say it but I’ll eat pretty much anything with loads of cheese on it and I think mincemeat would be quite nice in a toastie but not with pastry in it too!!
honestly i would eat almost anything but i draw the line at bread and pastry together. just the thought of it is giving me acid reflux.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.