Jack Monroe #236 You absolute whelksplat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mmm fermented stuffing. That will go nicely with my turkey avec ectoplasm and leftover cranberry sauce! Thanks for the inspo Jack, we got there in the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
If I’m struggling and a friend says “you’ve got this” it means something. Random tweeter I’ve never before interacted with, not so much
Also, and I may be showing my age here, but I’ve never said the words “you’ve got this” out loud, to anyone. It’s an America phrase that happens to be one of the Twitter-world’s latest ‘in’ phrases, it’s Twitter speak. Coming from a Brit (Monroe), using it is more for the benefit of her audience and her image, than any genuine words of wisdom and/or support.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I have never ever looked at a recipe that uses the word sloppy and thought "corrrrrr I need me some of that"

Also, Cheese and Mince Pies is a hard no over here. I know some Lancashire and Yorkshire folk think it's OK and I hate to be the one to break this news - but it isn't. It's filth.
As a Lancashire person that now lives in Yorkshire we don't eat mince pies and cheese, we have Christmas cake with a wedge of Wensleydale (or for me sometimes Lancashire).

I would never eat a mince pie and cheese toastie

• Heart
Reactions: 34
If a friend tried to serve me stuffing that had been stuffed (pardon the pun) into the airing cupboard for a week to 'air dry' they wouldn't be my friend anymore.

I can't fathom how she's been cooking for 10 years and most of her food still looks terrible. She knows nothing about flavours that work together, food hygiene, or actual cooking techniques. Surely with her 68k kickstarter she could have gone to Leith's in London for a proper cookery course. And had 60k+ left over.

Anything that looks good probably comes out of a packet and then she claims its her own with weird ingredients that don't go together. And what's with all the black pepper? Does she know other seasonings exist?

Her food is starting to work its way into my nightmares. She has to be stopped.
She got 68k in a kickstarter!? 😲🥺

I said it last week, but honestly, I don’t think I can take much more of this. I wish she hadn’t got into my head like she has. The lies, grifting and attention seeking is making me sick.

Also, I read the wiki part about the kitten and I (don’t like cats btw) am incandescent with rage. 3 vets gave her advice and she threw a strop and said she wanted referred to Fitzgeralds - probably thinking her appearance on his programme would boost his profile.

I’m sorry, I keep raking over old ground, but how the fluff has this been allowed to go on?

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I don’t think I’ve even seen bottled lemon juice since pancake days in the 80s. Why not just buy, well, a lemon? Crazy idea I know.
Lidl sell it along with lime juice (which I buy for my cocktails, fancy!)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The cubed air dried sage flavoured airing cupboard deep fried dust is so rank. I know exactly what she could do to make the same flavours as Paxo-like stuffing and still have the crunch of a crouton and would go well on her salad concoction but I purposefully won't share it on here because the plagiarist tealeaf will no doubt pinch the more sensible, easier and clinically cleaner method than her manky ways.

This drying, cubing, deep frying thing would taste horrible anyway and wouldn;t work.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Once and for all she needs to SHUT THE duck UP about AA/therapy and stop giving advice she's woefully unqualified for.

If the squigs start fawning over her for this latest bout of potentially dangerous bullshit , I might just have to change my plans for tea and make myself some e-coli pesto, fermented stuffing croquettes and a mixed fish oil chaser to put myself out of my misery.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Her "advice" is just useless platitudes - "you've got this!" "Normalise sobriety!" "Just don't drink!" This just doesn't help anyone.

PS the Dry January that she was drinking vinegar, she didn't last the full month. Well, you wouldn't, would you?
Let me land with this as there’s no shame in relapse and people are always welcomed back with so much love, but as importantly workable next steps on getting better and how to prevent it happening again. It’s not something to feel ashamed of, but it needs acknowledging and reviewing to get better from. Minimising it can lull people into a false sense of security that all these well people in this room did it, so I can get away with it time and time again and still get what they have. That’s not going to end well. It’s not abstinent thinking.

Obviously this is anecdotal but I don’t hear of relapses often, and oftentimes they can entail really serious consequences (however this is obviously a self selecting sample of stories). I feel like I’m verging on inappropriate yellow card territory in saying that but want to share a counter as I’m actually quite horrified by this very dangerous comment, at one of the most difficult points in the year for many & early days for a lot of people who’ve made a New Years resolution / dry jan.

Honestly at this rate we’ll have to crowd fund the lilac Mercedes just so she’ll duck off with her tit behaviour fuelled by resentment that landlord daddy didn’t buy her everything she wanted?!

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Can we move on from talking about stuffing...

Please. Pretty please.

I am having flashbacks. :sick:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Sorry to always write essays on AA and there are more of us here who have different stories / more time in - there’s no one authority and this isn’t in right Jack’s wrong, it’s I’m well and incredibly concerned about the vulnerable people she has a) influenced cosplaying as someone years into recovery b) is currently influencing as a newcomer. She’s actually predatory it’s sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
@ecdb.
I thought she was a bullshitting shape shifting bandwagon jumper when I first joined this thread. I had no idea about the rest. Disturbing...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I know the discussion has moved on, but today is Sherlock Holmes‘ birthday.

Also, today is one year since the Capitol Hill riots, which means it’s one year since Jack’s crying selfie to Rish-mate.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.