Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know whether I should have ‘spoilered’ this so apologies in advance if I should have.
So many things are bothering me with the recent posts.
As an AA frau (at least in the past, not currently) I can confirm that my experience was far from doom and gloom. I did, on occasion, laugh out loud. I also found some wonderful support at a time I really needed a reminder that the world can be kind.
However. It wasn’t a weekly barrel of laughs (‘scuse the beer pun) and often people sharing their story would provoke a lot of pain.
I agree with some of the other ninnies that her description of what it’s about and her approach to recovery is way off the mark and possibly dangerous. Most people I’ve met via AA are extremely, extremely cautious about giving any type of advice on the matter. The only thing I’ve ever heard anyone say outside of the rooms is the importance of finding help and knowing that AA is always there. Full. Stop. The end. That’s all.
Taking to Twitter is, I feel, against their general code of conduct.

As for the MH and associated drugs. I (legitimately) have a list of co-morbid issues. SSRIs aren’t particularly specific. And there’s no bleeping chance she’d be given sleeping pills for more than a week. Especially with the alcohol issues. It’s a bleeping lie. Pure and simple.
Re the sleep meds - she said she's "on short term sleepers". We know how she manipulates with language. She wants people to assume it's heavy hypnotics, but she's probably just bought a pack of Nytol. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 61
It's going to be really interesting to see who likes and retweets this as it's a fairly specific burn. Already one of the high follower people who Jack interacts with has hearted it 👀
3 people who Jack actually follows have now faved it lol.
ETA and a blue tick who Jack follows has faved the follow-up tweet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I see that he has an article in the Guardian about going to the gym. Another expert after attending for a few months.

The Guardian seem to fall for these people who consider themselves experts even though they are really novices...see any of the contributions from Jack.
You are very right about the Guardian @MancBee . About six years ago, when I read online every day, I remember reading below the line on a Jack article she'd done. The poster actually said 'Urgh I wish she'd just sit down. Every cause, every medical complaint, every discussion she's there going meeeeeee.'
It struck such a chord with me, as a little time before that, a world renowned organisation was thinking of teaming up with her (I worked for them so was privy to the discussions) - and it was that Guardian poster confirmed my quiet unease that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Incidently, that poster got absolutely hammered by her flying monkeys...
Thankfully powers-that-be also felt the same way about Jack's actions/lies/stuff not ringing true and the organisation didn't team up with her - and the serious discussion (and rows!) about partnering never got past the boardroom and office door. Thank christ, because she could have done some serious harm in such a truly high position of power (law making). Not to 🔺️ but some former members now have honours and are in the house of Lords. If she reads here, she'll now know. (Your own behaviour Jack, got you a hard pass from incredibly influential people and something that could have been genuinely life changing).
I can't help but feel the process/discussion the organisation had, is like many who do due diligence on her, behind closed doors and those that don't, like Del Monte, suffer the results...
She will never change and I often wonder how many other big chances she has missed. Her reputation has certainly diminished over the years.
Edit to add: sorry for the long post! I just wish I could share more about the organisation but I can't xx...loves you Fraus and ninnies xx 😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 92
I'm going to say it, as someone who nearly died from their addiction and did hard time in detox and rehab, her posts really hurt. It makes me feel like I made too much 'fuss' and that it should have been easier.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 96
3 people who Jack actually follows have now faved it lol.
ETA and a blue tick who Jack follows has faved the follow-up tweet.

There are so many foodies (proper foodies not tin cack types) liking that post I’m tempted to think that the entire industry thinks our Jack is a total dick...and I fkng love that 🎉🥳🙌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Our prize winner has cojones of steel, or kahunas, forin words are words innit.
I can imagine a fantasy tv show where she teams up with Jackie Weaver to investigate and interview grifters

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
There are so many foodies (proper foodies not tin cack types) liking that post I’m tempted to think that the entire industry thinks our Jack is a total dick...and I fkng love that 🎉🥳🙌
Imagine if Nigella faved it, I would DIE!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
There’s got to be a WhatsApp group.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I don’t know whether I should have ‘spoilered’ this so apologies in advance if I should have.
So many things are bothering me with the recent posts.
As an AA frau (at least in the past, not currently) I can confirm that my experience was far from doom and gloom. I did, on occasion, laugh out loud. I also found some wonderful support at a time I really needed a reminder that the world can be kind.
However. It wasn’t a weekly barrel of laughs (‘scuse the beer pun) and often people sharing their story would provoke a lot of pain.
I agree with some of the other ninnies that her description of what it’s about and her approach to recovery is way off the mark and possibly dangerous. Most people I’ve met via AA are extremely, extremely cautious about giving any type of advice on the matter. The only thing I’ve ever heard anyone say outside of the rooms is the importance of finding help and knowing that AA is always there. Full. Stop. The end. That’s all.
Taking to Twitter is, I feel, against their general code of conduct.

As for the MH and associated drugs. I (legitimately) have a list of co-morbid issues. SSRIs aren’t particularly specific. And there’s no bleeping chance she’d be given sleeping pills for more than a week. Especially with the alcohol issues. It’s a bleeping lie. Pure and simple.
Private prescriptions, she can afford whatever when ever, she even proudly displayed her stash, most of which was not in its original packaging

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I hope Caitlin Moran isn’t seeing this and whatsapping TD telling her she could be investigating big pharma instead of pissing about with addiction quacks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Her search volume was so low last year Google trends aren’t even surfacing related search data for “Jack Monroe” as a search term anymore (you can see it’s capped to two items / rising is greyed out).

This is something brands doing their due diligence will be looking at so good luck to her tbh.

347AD839-AD4F-41D5-ACCB-08EF83A7F9F1.jpeg

85E435FA-3AC1-43B3-B471-86378BC0B77F.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
@Shawads
I've been waiting for a Billy Liar reference since I joined the Cabal.Love the book and the film ♥
Jack, however completely lacks the charm of Billy Fisher.x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
@Shawads
I've been waiting for a Billy Liar reference since I joined the Cabal.Love the book and the film ♥
Jack, however completely lacks the charm of Billy Fisher.x
True. Had such a crush on him!

However... not posting out the Shadrack and Duxbury Christmas calendars is very Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I see that he has an article in the Guardian about going to the gym. Another expert after attending for a few months.

The Guardian seem to fall for these people who consider themselves experts even though they are really novices...see any of the contributions from Jack.
And that is why I won't give a penny to The Guardian.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Re the sleep meds - she said she's "on short term sleepers". We know how she manipulates with language. She wants people to assume it's heavy hypnotics, but she's probably just bought a pack of Nytol. 🙄
I think she uses real illnesses as personalities because she has none. If she was her normal self she would not have an ounce of the attention she receives.

People even squiggles tire of her easily as you never seen the same squig, squig more than once and if they do it's normally because they are calling her out.

She reads stuff, takes part in a few groups and automatically assumes she knows everything about everything, but then shows her hand with tone deaf tweets.

Sometimes saying nothing is better pet. Some wisdom for the new year.. much love!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm going to say it, as someone who nearly died from their addiction and did hard time in detox and rehab, her posts really hurt. It makes me feel like I made too much 'fuss' and that it should have been easier.
Jack makes light of recovery because she's never really, truly lived it. It's another bit of play acting for her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Oh and a brief Patreon update - it’s month end and we’ve had our first ever month on month growth thanks to the tin rattle. #sobriety #truth #honesty

She opened the month on 243 and has just closed on 244 up 0.4%!

She did peak at 249 so some users have left, but outweighed by the mugs she scammed. Will provide full update in a few days when I’m back home soz x
Did someone work out the minimum she gets from this ? Amazing people still pay for zero return

Reactions: 27
I have no first hand experience of AA/NA but during lockdown I have put considerable time and effort into (re) watching Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and Station 19, and there is stuff from the Shonda version of sobriety that is more complex and nuanced than Jack's hot takes.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Jack makes light of recovery because she's never really, truly lived it. It's another bit of play acting for her.
I am sorry she has upset people who have lived this! I also wonder of any of her AA "pals" have seen what she thinks of it all. I bet they are quite upset with her. I would be if someone going through similar trauma to me was basically poo pooing it.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.