Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@TurnedUpInTipp @Rekyavikgirl

Big loves both. And any other lurkers who are finding this iteration of Jack particularly hurtful and difficult. Nothing she tweets will diminish what you have accomplished and continue to accomplish ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 62
In the full update we assume everyone is on the £3.50 tier and max platform fees of 12%, which is a VERY conservative estimate but means the bare minimum she’d have received today is £751.52

She last updated it with content on November 2020.
How much is £751.52 in J1G parlance?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
View attachment 957544

As someone suggested upthread, I bet there are separate Whatsapp groups for the journalists and foodies who collectively roll their eyes at Jack.

The shade on POBP was beautiful
As if we needed any more evidence, TD doing God’s work and not being called a troll for it 🙌

Must say though, if you don’t follow TD and you’re into your food, her food stuff is absolute 👩‍🍳 💋, you should follower her. Me I came for the burn and stayed for the food.

I did notice the soup reference but thought I was looking too deeply into it, so glad you raised it @Flash123. My guess is she thought it too subtle for us ninnies and set off her “NoRMoLiZeeE” bomb 🤘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Here’s a screenshot of the bit referencing name:
View attachment 956587
Then a couple of screenshots - one to do with the binder and the interviewer getting handsy (I get we’re all different re personal space etc but I found this interaction odd) and the second re: modelling.
View attachment 956592
Modelling aye?

View attachment 956593
That really was peak fantasy Jack.

Modelling agencies and high end fashion? Ethical?

Did Jack check the providence of Tiggy and Bo. For new people they invented a handy portable device for putting things in, it had pockets, and a strap to carry it.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I'm going to say it, as someone who nearly died from their addiction and did hard time in detox and rehab, her posts really hurt. It makes me feel like I made too much 'fuss' and that it should have been easier.
this is why she isn't just an amusing spectacle on twitter. I hate she triggered those feelings and hope you can see they aren't the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Nah, that was a “modern” invention, in my day I caused outrage running up a phone bill of £90 calling my mates
Just imagining the rollercoaster of emotion for Jack's friend on the other end of the line when Jack says "I've got to go now <elation>.... but I'll call you right back <oh christ not another hour of listening to her talk about herself>'.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Nah, that was a “modern” invention, in my day I caused outrage running up a phone bill of £90 calling my mates
My friends who had Sky had a deal like that when I was at school - FANCY. We weren't allowed because Murdoch was banned in our house.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I reckon the £90 was for the quarter though, monthly bills is also a trendy new invention.
£90 in the early nineties really was £90, I was in BIG trouble

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I reckon the £90 was for the quarter though, monthly bills is also a trendy new invention.
£90 in the early nineties really was £90, I was in BIG trouble
Had you been on that party line thing?

ETA - also only provider was BT

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Lol at that youngster relying on jack's historical recollections of the 1970s/80s to inform her essay. Tutor hands it back with a big fat F for fallacy

I did pasta today for the kids, thinking about the times when jack advised people to cook things in the unctuous pasta water for extra gloop factor.
She's definitely taking up too much space in my brain, wonder if I need to make any resolutions?

I also asked my son if he wanted pobp, just for my own amusement.

Does anyone know if TD and Jack ever had any kind of real life connection prior to the queen TD shadefest?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I was born in the 70s. We just weren’t allowed to use the phone at all! The free 59 minutes thing might have been 90s as i did start to be able to ring my friends.

Reactions: 35
It's no wonder she only gets invited to parties once. She probably causes such a scene regarding adult drinks the host forevermore is busy!
Also the whole adult drinks comment is so I'm 14 mama, I don't wanna sit at the kiddy table and drink cordial.

Honestly who actually says adult drinks over the age of 12.

I can actually imagine the host of the party saying, we are having a party got you a few tasty j20s to drink.... (Pour into a fancy enough glass with some fruit and you can make a mocktail...) And she flipped out "how dare you! Don't you know I am not a baby.... I want adult drinks.... That's it I am not going now.. I am young to sit here with my twinnings infusion and lemonade... Adult drink don't ya know"
All drinks are adult drinks… think about it

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I was born in the 70s. We just weren’t allowed to use the phone at all! The free 59 minutes thing might have been 90s as i did start to be able to ring my friends.
We had a lock on the phone so we couldn't dial it but lifting the receiver and tapping the numbers into the 'black things' (Name escapes me or I never knew) would 'dial' the number for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.