Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speculation about Jack's early internet life is purely academic as we all know her family was too poor for the internet. They only had tin cans with string up until 1999. If she wanted to share something with her friends she had to draw it on a piece of paper and put it up on the adverts board in the corner shop.
Yeah like she had 10p to pay for the shop window sign. You’re so privileged. You have no idea. And drawing paper costs £££ it doesn’t grow on trees you know. A young ajack probably had to draw a picture in the dirt on the pavement, hoping it wouldn’t rain.

Really 🥕 what word is ajack? How is that better than jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Their "advice" for people who are trying to stop drinking reminds me of friends who definitely weren't alcoholics but loved to overindulge - aka the people who do Dry Januarys and the like. Jack's advice would work fine for that crowd, but you know our Jackie, they have to make things be the biggest and worst so decided to act like this was proper advice to give to people who are struggling with addiction.
Again I’m a cynic, but her advice is exactly what I would expect from someone who hasn’t actually experienced addiction. There’s problematic drinking, which she may well have experienced, but the alcoholism I have seen personally is soul crushing. You can’t just not pick up a drink.

Reactions: 61
Jack would have been all over Livejournal, with a black sparkly background and special text effects. She also would have deleted her account about once every two weeks. Shame she was too poor for internet growing up, she'd have been right at home there.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Jack would have been all over Livejournal, with a black sparkly background and special text effects. She also would have deleted her account about once every two weeks. Shame she was too poor for internet growing up, she'd have been right at home there.
I’m sure she had a pet potato to talk to xx

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It’s been an intense day today but as another Frau said, she’s getting closer and closer to cancelling herself.

ee315998a27e8870936191819a5ad4a8864f5fc9&rid=giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Plus there’s deviantart for posting absolutely shite artwork…

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 959621
She’s liked this. Anyone want to give hers a go?
I am the MOST BEST at everything, be it calculating stock cube prices or ruining cheese.

do we think she’s forgotten the poor squigs clutching their Christmas leftovers waiting for her larder tips? Was she expecting an inundation & too embarrassed to answer less than ten? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Word mangler, more like. She’ll only take umbridge at the vagaries of my sentences.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
THAT BOY Buddy has a great green pasta recipe he has made with Gennario. He almost forgets one of his ingredients but remembers at the last minute unlike the mystery chicken in the lingreenie.

I might actually give this pasta a go as I kept the unwanted spinach substitution from my sainsbury’s shop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Yeah like she had 10p to pay for the shop window sign. You’re so privileged. You have no idea. And drawing paper costs £££ it doesn’t grow on trees you know. A young ajack probably had to draw a picture in the dirt on the pavement, hoping it wouldn’t rain.

Really 🥕 what word is ajack? How is that better than jack?
Nah, she used the pigeons.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Their "advice" for people who are trying to stop drinking reminds me of friends who definitely weren't alcoholics but loved to overindulge - aka the people who do Dry Januarys and the like. Jack's advice would work fine for that crowd, but you know our Jackie, they have to make things be the biggest and worst so decided to act like this was proper advice to give to people who are struggling with addiction.
As a member of the group you describe there, you are absolutely correct.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.