Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Many people seem to be absolutely horrified at her “advice” but she’s taking the ostrich approach to it all, as per. Surprised she hasn’t deployed cattos to bury it yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Wasn't it because she has registered as a business that she couldn't claim? I'm not saying she's earnt less than the threshold but I always assumed it was because she was a limited company?

I mean all of my editor friends who are registered as such (always gives me a tax frown that) earn above the threshold too but.....what I'm saying is I think it could be both earnings and ltd company.
No, that is what she spins on Twitter (and it is always Twitter)
She also spouted on Twitter that she wasn't entitled to furlough because she was late filing her tax return which just isn't true (obviously the bit about filing a late tax return is true because she still hasn't paid her taxes 2 years later, but the bit about not being able to claim furlough because of it isn't true x)
Cooking on a bootstrap (dot com) would totally be able to claim SEISS if it were entitled to it. But they weren't because they just earned too much money.

Reactions: 39
I know what I miss most about pre-broadband life. Obviously the existential art piece that was the dial-up internet sound but also that there wasn't a platform for wastrels like Jack. The worst she could've done was a Geocities site with an unstoppable obnoxious MIDI tune or created a bulletin board for her 20 sock accounts to talk to each other.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I know what I miss most about pre-broadband life. Obviously the existential art piece that was the dial-up internet sound but also that there wasn't a platform for wastrels like Jack. The worst she could've done was a Geocities site with an unstoppable obnoxious MIDI tune or created a bulletin board for her 20 sock accounts to talk to each other.
1970s Jack deffo shouldn’t be allowed to be in charge of the holiday or Xmas club cash

• Haha
Reactions: 41
How do you think she coped on bebo with only one daily love she couldn’t give herself?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
There was that girl she got handcuffed to for a week to raise awareness for conjoined twins When they wer about 14
ETA ok this was late to the party, but she did say it was to raise awareness for conjoined twins even though the fundraising was for the local NICU or something sensible
Well that's the only way I would be in her company for more than 1 second.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Well that's the only way I would be in her company for more than 1 second.
I’d had enough of my schooltime besties after about 2 days of staying at their house in the summer hols, I wouldn’t want one for a week and surely they didn’t stay handcuffed whilst asleep or showering?
So autistic

Reactions: 24
All I want is for the patreons to stop paying or to get something for their cash. It’s the bare minimum she should do.
I wonder if there is zero chance of another book coming out, she seems to have lost all interest in food posts.
Judging by her her makeup, she's angling for a job on EastEnders. Perhaps kat Slater's long lost twin who was adopted by pat butcher before she married Frank!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I want them to bring back the workhouse just to send her to it to do some fecking work

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Nah she’d find some niche internet community and declare herself queen of their message boards. Changing her avatar and profile text every five minutes to try and get attention and barging into threads to give her terrible advice. Early forums also always had people who treated it like their personal blog and had a band of minions who’d berate you if you told them to shut up.

Plus there was always Faceparty where you could hook up with dodgy emo lesbians. Those were the days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Her entire origin story is Tuppence To Cross The Mersey a heartrending tall tale of a middle class family falling on hard times
ETA it’s twopence to cross..sounds even more fake

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Speculation about Jack's early internet life is purely academic as we all know her family was too poor for the internet. They only had tin cans with string up until 1999. If she wanted to share something with her friends she had to draw it on a piece of paper and put it up on the adverts board in the corner shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Their "advice" for people who are trying to stop drinking reminds me of friends who definitely weren't alcoholics but loved to overindulge - aka the people who do Dry Januarys and the like. Jack's advice would work fine for that crowd, but you know our Jackie, they have to make things be the biggest and worst so decided to act like this was proper advice to give to people who are struggling with addiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.