Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
iirc she bought another v expensive jacket at the same time as that one to live out a Pretty Woman moment with the (probably perfectly fine and not snobby) shop assistant

Eta oops in the time it took me to find the post and write the message, other fraus have said the exact same thing
Wasn’t it a Burberry leather jacket and a trench - total value around £3k?

But it’s fine because if she’s ever in poverty again, she’s going to sell them guys. I know there’s a huge market on Vinted for worn designer goods with makeup and mysterious brown stains.

Does she use the same spray on her hair as she uses on her trifle/birthday cakes/pancakes?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Recap of last thread:

Jack has had lots of
, and despite throwing a chair at one once, she is now best friends with any and all of them.

She had a haircut in the
of Victorian Poorhouse Child with Lice.

Jack is experimenting with a
of bright colours in her eyeshadows, to make up for the fact she dyed a lot of her clothes grey. We wait to see ‘Opal Fruits’ recreated via the medium of Urban Decay.

She now has a Nintendo Switch and has been enjoying the delights of Goose Game.
everything here just says she's a narc bleep of the highest degree ........ bet you it is SB's Switch anyway

Reactions: 31
I have finally caught up, and can hardly believe what I have seen and read over these 30-40 or so pages. I know, I should be accustomed by now, but every day there is new nonsense that is worse that anything that has gone before. That make up and hair really is dreadful. It is not quirky or fun, it is embarrassing.

A quick thanks for all the lovely messages. I am doing fine. I loved my hedonistic couple of days. Old enough to know better and paying for it now, but that was a one off. Can't say it won't happen again. Can't say I won't regret it again. But that is what makes us human.

Back to Jack. It is the self absorbed, attention seeking, money grabbing, tone deaf, laziness, I can't get over.

Jack thinks that being fed up because things aren't going her way is a MH condition. It is why the lights are on and off quicker than a nightclub strobe. (do they still have them?) It is life, we all fed up from time to time. Especially when, as in Jack's case, our long term aims clearly are not going to happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 108
Wasn’t it a Burberry leather jacket and a trench - total value around £3k?

But it’s fine because if she’s ever in poverty again, she’s going to sell them guys. I know there’s a huge market on Vinted for worn designer goods with makeup and mysterious brown stains.

Does she use the same spray on her hair as she uses on her trifle/birthday cakes/pancakes?
Does anyone remember that glitter body spray from the 90s 🔺?? It’s that she’s using, isn’t it??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
You’re a bleeping professor. Sort it out, LJC. Even my 80 year old mother can do an online shop without having to consult Twat.com
When someone says Ocado do that the professor wrote the reply below. If you don't really need the service, why in God's name did you ask Twitter followers where the service was available. Twitter truly is the domain of idiots. No wonder Jack likes it so much.

It is probably really useful for a large family - not actually sure I really need the service. Just *wanted* it!

Edited to remove the prof name. I know she is a blue ticker, but still.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I hate this attention stuff, that’s why there is no food as it gets very little interaction compared to tit eye make up.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I hate this attention stuff, that’s why there is no food as it gets very little interaction compared to tit eye make up.
Fully agree! I miss the slop! I don’t get it with Jack, there’s nothing wrong with her face, but she facetunes the hell out of it, and yet, her slop looks like, well, you know and she presents it fully unedited, all “that’ll do!”.

I really do loathe how much she filters and facetunes herself. She’s not my cup of tea (and I’m sure I’m not hers), but as others have pointed out, she‘s a conventionally attractive woman, to the point that media see her as the “acceptable face of the poor” 🤢 (her youth and being white have a part to play too, but that’s all part of a bigger conversation).

Buuut, sometimes I don’t know if I should judge her on facetune-ing. Women, particularly Jack‘s age and younger, are part of the social media generation and feel a lot of pressure to look a certain way, so maybe she feels that? But maybe she’s just vain and sometimes thirsty. If she feels insecure then I empathise, but a “food writer“ doesn’t NEED to put selfies all over the internet in the first place. I am very insecure about how I look, so I deal with it by rarely putting selfies online.
Idk, I just hate seeing women being down about themselves, but I don’t know if I can or should extend that sympathy to Jack.

(tl:dr - I’ve had wine, just scroll on! 😆 )

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Gives me Sandra Bernhard vibes, that pic
Bloody hell I've been racking my brains about who they remind me of, in those crazy make up selfies, was thinking lead singer of Elastica Justine Frischmann but it is Sandra Bernhard!! It certainly doesn't look like Jack. What the hell with all the strange debris in the hair, Sending love ❤ to you @MancBee and all of you lovely ninnies who are finding it a bit of a struggle at the moment 💕 PS I only wear black, cannot cook or apply make up am I Jack!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.