Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this. And if you can't sort home insurance then at least move your valuables into the house and buy a £50 security camera instead of spunking money on 15 kettles.

Hang on she said she had cameras covering the entire outside of the house cos stalkers init , should be a slam dunk for Southend CID no?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
What are the chances that her house has been targeted but no one else’s on her street?
I suspect that her neighbours don’t telegraph their movements (no, not that kind of movement) on Twitter.

Just popping out to a meeting/to London/lunch with a friend/to Asda. Does she think that no-one other than tattlers or squigs read her tweets?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It’s 9 months since she last mentioned Dash on twitter. Come on squigs someone ask if he’s ok?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Also lbr here most house break ins these days are to get the keys for the vehicles on ur drive and maybe a bag or coat (I’ve heard of them taking North Faces alongside the keys lol so rude). It’s super organised crime that happens all along the A13 cos of the proximity of tilbury docks, most cars are out the country 3-ish hours after being off your drive (some of them are left in fields beforehand to check for tracking devices). In her area it’ll be the Range Rovers & Fords (bizarrely) getting stolen not bleeping pans!

You can pop a front door open in seconds, we’ve got footage of a neighbour’s robbery happening and it was under 2 minutes start to finish after they’d identified she hadn’t double locked the front door earlier in the evening. Why would you bother with a garage? Even drug user crimes aren’t this tit anymore, who wants some garden chairs and a BBQ? Give over hun 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Catching up but the garage is attached to the house and there will be a connecting door, so if it happened when she was at home, she would have heard it. When my friend got burgled they entered through the garage, she heard them and was home alone with the baby. She locked herself and baby in the bathroom, phone the police and then her dad.

Also the greasy, scorched slop pans *shakes head* she wants a new set doesn't she? I love my grandad (HE'S DEAD) too but when it came to inheriting his things, battered old pans were not on my list funnily enough. I treasure what he treasured and took care of.

It's a piss poor plot Jack, more holes in it than a slop sieve.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Lots of people grow up poor, most of those people get insurance when they can afford it. Sometimes they don’t have a choice as it’s the law like car insurance. Insurance isn’t a luxury.
Have is the most important word used there.
I find her wording quite patronising regarding people and poverty. I have had episodes of being extremely hard-up but always had insurance. I didn't consider it a luxury but adulting necessity to ensure I was covered as I could not afford to replace things. She is really starting to get to me now with her stupidity and terrible recipes. 🤡

• Heart
Reactions: 39
If it's true, it is a horrible thing to happen. And you should hunker down, secure the place, call the police and her friends / family over so you are not alone. Twitter is not the place for it. Will these tweets survive till 22?

If it's not true, then what a guilt trip to put on people at this time of year. Are your friends / family / bubble buddies enjoying themselves but no-one invited you? Or you decided to reject invites and are bored?

Very odd there has been no kitten pictures as they get good engagement. Much as the "deploy Cooper" tactic annoys me, I like seeing him as he is a gorgeous cat.

Happy New Year everyone, it's been lovely having you all for virtual company in a pretty rubbish year. I've learnt a lot, but laughed even more

• Heart
Reactions: 49
There’s no way neighbours in houses of that size don’t have alarms or cameras
The house opposite has cameras, pointing towards their driveway which would no doubt pick up Jack's driveway, or at least the road in front of her drive.

Jack's garage has an electric rollershutter type door, with a timber side door. There is also a 6ft timber side gate for access to the rear of the property. I would expect this gate to have padlocks knowing that Jack has been burgled before and is seriously concerned about a stalker.

We have all seen the interior of the garage, she posted it on Twitter, including the timber side door, which presumably Jack keeps locked (but I doubt it).

They would have to get through the side gate, breaking any locks, then get into the garage via the timber door by breaking the locks (if it were even locked) and use the internal controls to open the rolleshutter door. But any part of that that would make one hell of a racket.

I am in the didn't happen camp.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Mini grunking here but wasn't there a point where she claimed the garage had been set up as a Panic Room?
Aren't they generally, um, secure?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Mr sister and her husband got burgled, and I mean burgled. They went off to NZ and Australia to visit family and within 2 days of them going their house was done over. They lived in a beautiful barn conversion, on a main road but by itself, the police reckoned the thieves had been watching the house. They had an alarm but it wasn't up to much.

They emptied every single drawer in the house, ripped every picture of the wall looking for a safe, went in the loft and chucked everything our of there, even emptied the kitchen cupboards and smashed all their nice glasses and crockery, and just to finish it off trod on everything to make sure it was broken and emptied things like jam, ketchup, red wine all over the carpet and walls. It took over a week of everyone mucking in and cleaning to make it look anything like ok, meanwhile they were still in holiday and we all had to lie about it. My mum said she had never seen anything like it.

Having a few bits stolen from your garage isn't really in the same league now is it?

Oh, and afterwards they had a very fancy silent alarm fitted, and lots of cameras.

Right, rant over.

Jack, how's dash?I do hope they didn't steal him too. #dashtruther

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I fount think it was them!
Maybe it was Liz Jones aka Jack Sr? They have similar attitudes towards money and tastes in luxury goods they can’t afford. Quick, check if any Myla thongs or Diptyque candles are missing!

(The above statement of course is in jest, m’lord).

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.