Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d forgotten how much I loved this thread!

We’re in tonight , I have wine , Prosecco , gin and a tit load of bung in the oven party food , cheese, bread and crackers.

Make room on the sofa, I’m back in!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I'm sorry but what robber is taking a box of newspaper clippings and a big rusty old pan 😣 I'm screaming at how ridiculous this whole story is! Starting the year as she means to go on, full of absolute 💩 Happy New Year 🥂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Instead of worrying about bad behaviour in past lives, she should focus on her dreadful behaviour in this one. The consequences are only going to mount up.

Unpublished trampled recipes makes me think she's fucked up another book deadline. Excuses excuses.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Why would a burglar want some rusty pans and crappy recipes? How are they going to flog that? Why would it benefit them at all to do it.

Makes no sense...unless she wants some new pans gifted....

• Heart
Reactions: 37
We're having pizza oven pizzas for tea tonight, but I bought mine with my own money that I did that thing called work to get
What’s that then? Is it like a Patreon? I don’t understand.

Well my NYE has been ruined. I was going to have a final fling with some bread and Camembert before going low carb. The bastards at Tesco have substituted the Camembert for Brie! I’m guessing their pickers have the ‘cheese is cheese’ mentality too.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Hopefully nobody current. It breaks the rules and crosses over into actual trolling.
I think that person had a falling out at some point directly with Jack… can’t remember the details. They say they work for a foodbank so I imagine they would be annoyed

• Wow
Reactions: 36
The recipes and press cuttings were not stolen - they were tipped out of boxes and trampled on.
I'm just sitting here imagining the burglars getting more and more pissed off that Jack's website was down until they had enough and were like THAT'S IT GUYS, WE GOTTA GET THOSE RECIPES SOMEHOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 81
I’m in the didn’t happen camp too - Le Creuset pans weigh a ton - who’s going to lug those off?
Can we report her for harassment?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I'm just sitting here imagining the burglars getting more and more pissed off that Jack's website was down until they had enough and were like THAT'S IT GUYS, WE GOTTA GET THOSE RECIPES SOMEHOW.
No doubt they were horrified to find that all the recipes and press cuttings were already ruined due to being kept in a garage by the bleeping sea side. It’s hard enough to keep your sheets feeling dry INSIDE your house when you live near the sea (which I used to. Even 10 mins away the air is damp AF)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Honestly think the housemate's f*cked off already. Fair do's, he was there for a good couple of weeks, more than most could take of Jack's company.
Would explain all the "look what you're missing" selfies since then.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.