Jack Monroe #23 Life would be so much easier if everyone was a chronic optimist.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Hello Tatters :)

As much as I enjoy Cack updates, you’re all too fast for me to want to catch up with the last thread and this one unless something major happened. The last I left it was when Cack was hijacking the BLM movement and posting a video mainly about herself and in usual Cack style, attacked anyone who voiced even 0.00001% criticism about it. Anything I’ve missed? Updates/Roundups will be much appreciated 😇
Click the link at the top of the page to order by most liked posts to catch up, you can do this on all threads :)

I'm hoping Jack does go quiet for a bit, it feels like months since I've had the chance to see was FOD and premium clemmie are up to :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Click the link at the top of the page to order by most liked posts to catch up, you can do this on all threads :)

I'm hoping Jack does go quiet for a bit, it feels like months since I've had the chance to see was FOD and premium clemmie are up to :LOL:
I’m a refugee from MN and this (and I assume it’s on mumschat too), well, this ability just seems like light years away and a complete revelation 😂 Thank you for the tip :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hello Tatters :)

As much as I enjoy Cack updates, you’re all too fast for me to want to catch up with the last thread and this one unless something major happened. The last I left it was when Cack was hijacking the BLM movement and posting a video mainly about herself and in usual Cack style, attacked anyone who voiced even 0.00001% criticism about it. Anything I’ve missed? Updates/Roundups will be much appreciated 😇
Looooooool you missed out on absolute MURDER over here, but mostly internal. We seem to have moved past it.

On the Jack front:
- a Black home economist called out Hellmann's for cutting her out of their commercial and asked Jack for acknowledgement of this. Jack, well-known lover of privacy (!) chose to do this over DM rather than in the open. She also made claims that Hellmann's threatened to pull her five figure contract (!!!) as she wanted to postpone for Blackout Tuesday. She swiftly back-pedalled on this though.

- said postponed Insta live was an utter shitshow: she was late again, she hadn't prepped her ingredients, and the only contributors were pre-approved or Hellmann's employees.

- she alluded to her relationship having ended, referring to us (?) as "gutter hacks" in the process.

- she's mythologising on Twitter again about her long, hard struggle to the "top" despite her very well connected ex(es).

Sorry if I've missed anything!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I think it's genuinely awful that Jack hasn't sent a copy of her book to her superfan. She promised. She called Nims her 'friend' to her IG audience last night. It has echoes of Kickstarter - the more she knew she was in the wrong, the more she dug her heels in. She reminds me of Pip in Great Expectations - enthralled by people of high status, scornful to ordinary folk who look up to her but have no clout.

She would hate this label truth but she's basically a good old-fashioned social climber.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Looooooool you missed out on absolute MURDER over here, but mostly internal. We seem to have moved past it.

On the Jack front:
- a Black home economist called out Hellmann's for cutting her out of their commercial and asked Jack for acknowledgement of this. Jack, well-known lover of privacy (!) chose to do this over DM rather than in the open. She also made claims that Hellmann's threatened to pull her five figure contract (!!!) as she wanted to postpone for Blackout Tuesday. She swiftly back-pedalled on this though.

- said postponed Insta live was an utter shitshow: she was late again, she hadn't prepped her ingredients, and the only contributors were pre-approved or Hellmann's employees.

- she alluded to her relationship having ended, referring to us (?) as "gutter hacks" in the process.

- she's mythologising on Twitter again about her long, hard struggle to the "top" despite her very well connected ex(es).

And she’s moved from the shed to the dining room, for seemingly inexplicable reasons

• Haha
And she’s moved from the shed to the dining room, for seemingly inexplicable reasons
Her home, her work, her business don’tcha know? Even though she made a post about it. Publicly. With the comments on. But it’s none of your business alright so don’t question it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

totally out of the loop with the SODS, has there been anything notable? He got boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think he’s a good actor but I never was all that enamoured of him until I saw him in this video 😂:
My Tom Hardy 'tingle' intensifies after watching that. Am I ashamed? I am not. And luckily my husband will never find out! Unless you Tattle beyotches dob me in :- D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Victim of racism and misogyny, two boxes ticked in one go!
Sorry but I'm just trying to catch up (9 pages behind so far) . This is a very real thing in the UK. When my Indian born sister-in-law married my (English) brother, she did say that she found it easier to get interviews.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I've thought a lot about this - it's baffling. My four theories are:

1) As someone else suggested, she's got herself another Smeg fridge and wants to hide it.
2) She trashed/ set fire to the kitchen in a fit of rage.
3) She's waiting for a priest to come and exorcise the spirit of DKL from her kitchen.
4) Hellman's like the shabby chic vibe but the shed was not fit for purpose so they chose her dining room as the best blank canvas on which to build a 'set'.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
the main thing I remember from that film was Julie’s husband ate like a pig. I’ve said before that I can’t bear to hear people eat and I was squirming around in my seat. If i hadn’t have bought a ticket i’d have left. I’m tight! Oh I miss cinemas. 😞
Isn’t Tucci/Gucci in it?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I honestly think he’d be a slobbery snog.

I’m sure he is devastated by my opinion.
Ooh flashback !! , I had a boyfriend back in the day who was so slobbery it was like kissing a flushing toilet but he was sooo lovely otherwise .

It didn’t last .

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Re Tom Hardy. I also can't stand his wide boy accent when he was public school educated.
(This is true.....undeniable)

Sorry but I'm just trying to catch up (9 pages behind so far) . This is a very real thing in the UK. When my Indian born sister-in-law married my (English) brother, she did say that she found it easier to get interviews.
I had a Jewish friend who said his sister didn't get law interviews because of their surname. Whereas I, with my very English surname, walked into an interview and saw the two men literally blanch. #truestory. That law firm eventually went out of business and I chortled. My bad.

(it rhymes with P.K He-man)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Aaah a toddler, yes it 100% sounds like you need the second one with the attachment! It sounds wasteful I bought two but the first I lent out to a friend pre lockdown & couldn’t get back, we’re expecting and I kept seeing ads for local firms that do buggy & car seat cleaning for £50 a piece, you could likely do that stuff yourself with the attachment too so I figured just buy this you’ll recoup quickly, and gift the old one to MIL when I get it back. Tbh even re-reading the titles you can see they have the same litre capacity & wattage so surely they’re literally the same machine with different accessories?

I did wonder about spot cleaners too, especially as they’re easier to store nicely but our handheld vacuum is the worst of our set (I have 3 vacs, different purposes, plus I bleeping love vacuuming 😂😂) I just don’t think they can have the same suction power, and it’s important with the cleaners as you want them to be able to draw the water back up else you’ll end up with tide marks and a musky smell!

I promise I’m not sponsored by Vax, I won’t be dropping undeclared aff links on you all ala JM 🥴 Also with toddler, we’ve just got our carpets/floors done and I’ve kept all the excess and plan to put it under her cot and changing area etc, it’ll look like tit but I’d sooner have to clean poo out a scrap of carpet than the one attached to the floor for the foreseeable 😳 Most carpet shops will either give you off cuttings for free or like a fiver xx
Three vacuums? U wot m8? Hope you didn’t give JM any grief when the whole three freezer fiasco came to light. I have a cordless and an upright Dyson, but wondering what I’m missing from my arsenal now 🤔

In an important update, I’ve only gone and bought the fecking Vax you recommended! It was £120 on Amazon and I had a £50 gift card. Practically free!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
How about Jason Mamoa?
Height is right. But dunno, he doesn’t do it for me.
Oh chilli crisps. I have 10 jars at home about 4 variants. It is my crack. Mix it in fried rice with black vinegar and soy sauce. LUSH

I’m having a kitchen nightmare. Made 48hr pizza dough. Amazing sauce. Looks great. Then this. Ate some of the salvageable bits and I’m waiting on my take away pizza.
F11E37EB-FAE5-4D7F-A98A-EB2FB015F026.jpeg

Attachments

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I've thought a lot about this - it's baffling. My four theories are:

1) As someone else suggested, she's got herself another Smeg fridge and wants to hide it.
2) She trashed/ set fire to the kitchen in a fit of rage.
3) She's waiting for a priest to come and exorcise the spirit of DKL from her kitchen.
4) Hellman's like the shabby chic vibe but the shed was not fit for purpose so they chose her dining room as the best blank canvas on which to build a 'set'.
or she just likes to make things as “mad and crazy” as she can so she has something to distract from how tit she is and to blame the inevitable “chaos” on.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

On the Jack front:

Thanks for the summary.

And thanks for supplying my reading material for tonight. There’s no way I’m gonna let what unfolded pass my eyes via a catch up 🤣 I shouldn’t have expected anything less really!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
(This is true.....undeniable)

I had a Jewish friend who said his sister didn't get law interviews because of their surname. Whereas I, with my very English surname, walked into an interview and saw the two men literally blanch. #truestory. That law firm eventually went out of business and I chortled. My bad.

(it rhymes with P.K He-man)
I don't know what nationality you are, @Miss Anne Thrope, but I have worked with an awful lot of Caribbean and African people in care homes who have 'westernised' their names to fit in. Loads of Charlotte Smiths and and Amy Whites, it's just a bleeping shame.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Ooh flashback !! , I had a boyfriend back in the day who was so slobbery it was like kissing a flushing toilet but he was sooo lovely otherwise .

It didn’t last .
Arghh! You've reminded me of my first boyfriend and my first ever kiss. He was so sweet. Prior to our first date, he sent a dozen red roses. We watched The Abyss (uh oh) at the local cinema. Afterwards, we went for a walk and the street lights suddenly went out. That was his moment. It felt like a slug was bodypopping in my mouth. I was horrified! He never got under the bra (Breakfast Club reference ahoy) and I ended it after a few more teeth-grindingly awkward dates. Ah but then came Miguel...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.