Jack Monroe #23 Life would be so much easier if everyone was a chronic optimist.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack wouldn't be able to hack a cooking course or a kitchen. She thinks she's far superior. Could you imagine her working a station? Just grilling salmon for a 16 hour shift.
She just needs to move her cooking and skills beyond washing bleeping beans.
This reminds me of a scene in Julie and Julia when Meryl Streep (Julia Childs) goes to cookery school in Paris and spends the first few lessons learning to chop and prepare onions.
Andi Oliver was asked recently what she would advise a young keen cook to concentrate on to start with, and she said cooking onions as they are so important for so many recipes.
Of all Jack's cooking techniques her treatment of onions is the one that just seems so glaringly bad. I've never read one of her books though, so have no idea if is usually because of time constraints on TV or IG, and it is better in her written recipes.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This reminds me of a scene in Julie and Julia when Meryl Streep (Julia Childs) goes to cookery school in Paris and spends the first few lessons learning to chop and prepare onions.
How bizarre, this movie is on in 20 minutes, channel 32 Freeview :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
How bizarre, this movie is on in 20 minutes, channel 32 Freeview :)
Spooky! Thank you! I love the bits in Paris. Blast - just checked the TV and it did that random retuning a couple of days ago so I now have no channel 32, but I do have E4 now which is extremely good as I see they are showing Buffy from the beginning.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Spooky! Thank you! I love the bits in Paris. Blast - just checked the TV and it did that random retuning a couple of days ago so I now have no channel 32, but I do have E4 now which is extremely good as I see they are showing Buffy from the beginning.
I have never seen Julie Julia but am going to watch it now. If only for the onions. :)

Reactions: 4
the main thing I remember from that film was Julie’s husband ate like a pig. I’ve said before that I can’t bear to hear people eat and I was squirming around in my seat. If i hadn’t have bought a ticket i’d have left. I’m tight! Oh I miss cinemas. 😞

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i changed my name back to my maiden one recently and I was worried about it because no one I know now had ever known me by it, I’d also disassociated myself with it and it didn’t feel like me. But it’s been quite a good thing for re-attaching myself to my past and self and I think it wouldn’t harm Jack to do so. She could use it as a mark in the sand and relaunch herself, her brand is more about the boot strap and tin can cook stuff so I don’t think it would harm her. It’s helped some of my identity issues I’d say although painful at times

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No, he doesn’t do anything for me either. I can never understand why other women find him remotely attractive.
I’ve never been a fan of Tom either but he was totally shaggable in RocknRolla and that advert for a mobile phone company; sitting in a Cafe wearing a cardigan.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Andi Oliver was asked recently what she would advise a young keen cook to concentrate on to start with, and she said cooking onions as they are so important for so many recipes.
Of all Jack's cooking techniques her treatment of onions is the one that just seems so glaringly bad. I've never read one of her books though, so have no idea if is usually because of time constraints on TV or IG, and it is better in her written recipes.
I've never had a cooking lesson in my life (at my school we were taught to make a pot noodle in home ec), but I know you don't put onions in a cold pan with cold oil. Her parents, surely would have taught her that. If I was famous for cooking and I did that on TV, my mum would be on the phone so fast, she might even disown me

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Like most wives I have taken my husband's name but deep down I've always associated myself with my maiden name. After all it was my given name at birth (all be it a family one) I always remember my mum telling me that you always own your actual name ( ie the one on your birth cert) the others are just borrowed

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve never been a fan of Tom either but he was totally shaggable in RocknRolla and that advert for a mobile phone company; sitting in a Cafe wearing a cardigan.
I think he’s a good actor but I never was all that enamoured of him until I saw him in this video 😂:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
All OT but:
- Anyone who wants to see how vacuous, self serving PRs are should watch Flack (it's brilliant)
- Thank you to whoever recommend the L'Oreal Extraordinary Coconut oil cream, it has made my hair smell lovely.
- Thank you to the person who suggested the peanut chilli oil, I'm spooning mouthfuls into my fat face as speak.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh looks like she got what she wanted from her histrionics again judging by the number of likes...
DCE31677-0E5E-4CB7-ACD7-D0B992083FD0.png

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.