Jack Monroe #23 Life would be so much easier if everyone was a chronic optimist.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm 6ft and just can't got over the height thing. Hottest guy in the world could be at my table and I'd be swooning but he stood up and was shorter than me, instant nope. Believe me I've tried. Nothing kills the mood like feeling someones toes hitting your shin mid shag. Can't do it.
How about Jason Mamoa?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Re Tom Hardy. I also can't stand his wide boy accent when he was public school educated.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Yel

I'm probably a bad person for eye rolling at this. But I just don't see it. It's like the other lines she comes out with that she's so poor because she gives away so much to foodbanks and others while choosing to pay herself a pitance so has to beg for donations.

1591372810784.png

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I can see why fame is so appealing to jack - instead of ‘friends’ she has ‘fans’ which means she can get all of the support and interest in her life without even trying to pretend it’s a two way street in which she has to be equally interested in their lives or hardships. She is far too self interested to bother with friends.

ive posted this before but this tweet IS Jack

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm probably a bad person for eye rolling at this. But I just don't see it. It's like the other lines she comes out with that she's so poor because she gives away so much to foodbanks and others while choosing to pay herself a pitance so has to beg for donations.

View attachment 146574
So strange. I mean, even if you like her, her fans are SO over the top. She's a cookbook writer. She's worked with a food bank and presents herself as someone who gets involved in social justice causes, but really, what has she actually done? What love had she shared? She barely replies to anyone without a tick. And fine, you can use social media however you want. But all I see on her Twitter is woe, I'm a poor victim, or, look, I'm so fun and maverick with the odd political comment thrown in, none of which are even vaguely controversial. I mean, NOT hating Dominic Cummings is probably the most controversial thing you could do right now.

Why are all her followers under the impression that she's a saint? I genuinely can't see it (and never could, once I found her on social. I get that if you only know her from the papers, your impression of her could be very different.)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So strange. I mean, even if you like her, her fans are SO over the top. She's a cookbook writer. She's worked with a food bank and presents herself as someone who gets involved in social justice causes, but really, what has she actually done? What love had she shared? She barely replies to anyone without a tick. And fine, you can use social media however you want. But all I see on her Twitter is woe, I'm a poor victim, or, look, I'm so fun and maverick with the odd political comment thrown in, none of which are even vaguely controversial. I mean, NOT hating Dominic Cummings is probably the most controversial thing you could do right now.

Why are all her followers under the impression that she's a saint? I genuinely can't see it (and never could, once I found her on social. I get that if you only know her from the papers, your impression of her could be very different.)
I don't know why she doesn't advertise foodbanks ( the local ones to her) and perhaps help out at the local soup kitchen, if there is one. Nothing speaks louder to the people that someone with influence working alongside the people they are trying to help. She could perhaps plug her book, print 1 or 2 free recepie cards ( including a price list) of her meals that perhaps she has made in the soup kitchen. That way she is helping a worthy cause, whilst providing actual people in need with food and also in the small print plug her books, so that when these people do get back on their feet they can perhaps buy one. Just an idea and something I would do if I had this sort of platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Partly because it's true that she has, at times, been subjected to some pretty vile hatred from Littlejohn/Hopkins etc.

Partly because they're patronising dicks who see her as their adopted poor urchin. That's why she gets the ridiculously OTT comments on her DKL/shed performances - they praise her like you'd praise a child, because she is Poor and therefore cannot be expected to do any better.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
His real name is Stephen Yaxley Lennon he changed it to Tommy Robinson around a decade ago I think.

Edited to add : sorry I realise now that’s what the previous poster said too!
As as far as I understand.He never changed his name, TR is his 'known by' name, legally he is still SYL although he has used a couple of other names in the past.

Reactions: 2
Hello Tatters :)

As much as I enjoy Cack updates, you’re all too fast for me to want to catch up with the last thread and this one unless something major happened. The last I left it was when Cack was hijacking the BLM movement and posting a video mainly about herself and in usual Cack style, attacked anyone who voiced even 0.00001% criticism about it. Anything I’ve missed? Updates/Roundups will be much appreciated 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 10
And her latest. She is right to step away. Will it last? I'm not holding my breath.

View attachment 146336
“Very good, capable, supportive hands.” Sound just like the words she used to describe Matt and the BBC during DK, no?

Funny how she’s now complaining that the awful BBC made her self isolate for hayfever.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Circling back to the onion thing for a sec, if I remember correctly she said she couldn’t sauté onions as she had ADHD/ASD and this resulted them being burnt as she couldn’t concentrate on such a task 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Circling back to the onion thing for a sec, if I remember correctly she said she couldn’t sauté onions as she had ADHD/ASD and this resulted them being burnt as she couldn’t concentrate on such a task 🤷🏻‍♀️
But isn't prepping the most important thing for a chef to do. When I worked in the cafe I sometimes used to help set up the kitchen though I was front of house and every morning our chef prepped so that when people came in he could sling a meal together in minutes.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.