Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least the.is kitty looks old enough to leave it's mother and seemingly well.

I don't think giving a cat to someone who's by their own admission not very well is a good idea, but hey ho. Her while family is as bad as each other
They all enable her and her nonsense. They need a word with themselves, and the backyard breeder needs to bloody understand what a hole they are.

Jack has actually crossed a line here for me. She is such a bleep. Honestly. Sorry for the language, but it's deserved. Selfish, attention seeking bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Supervised visits
To be fair to Jack, I would doubt very much of the visits are supervised.

Jack may not be a brilliant or natural parent, but I think she is good enough, and Odon't think she poses any sort of risk, and he is nearly twelve.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
She can duck right off with this lark, irresponsible bleep. Is Cooper neutered, do we know?
I've worn out the Angry response this past week.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
To be fair to Jack, I would doubt very much of the visits are supervised.

Jack may not be a brilliant or natural parent, but I think she is good enough, and Odon't think she poses any sort of risk, and he is nearly twelve.
I agree with this but it does make me wonder, that in Jack's own words she's spent most of SB's life heavily drinking and suicidal. Surely this isn't a great experience for the kid (if we are to believe what she says, of course)

• Sad
Reactions: 39
I agree with this but it does make me wonder, that in Jack's own words she's spent most of SB's life heavily drinking and suicidal. Surely this isn't a great experience for the kid (if we are to believe what she says, of course)
I do think (and hope for the kid's sake) there has been a lot of over exaggeration.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
They all enable her and her nonsense. They need a word with themselves, and the backyard breeder needs to bloody understand what a hole they are.

Jack has actually crossed a line here for me. She is such a bleep. Honestly. Sorry for the language, but it's deserved. Selfish, attention seeking bleep.
Oh I agree wholeheartedly.

She doesn't need another mouth too feed on top of all her other stresses and a baby mouth at that.

She's an idiot of the highest order and her family need to realise that in order to help her they need to guide her not buy her Xmas presents that are hard work when my her own admittance there our days sue spends lying in bed. Baby animals need stability and routine.

Not a good idea at all....

Reactions: 32
Like everything Jack says it is probably lies, or hugely exaggerated.

Reactions: 21
Plying an adult cat with Dreamies isn't going to work in the long run if he happens to be an animal who isn't suited to living with other cats, some just aren't. His behaviour towards the other kitten who died appeared territorial even though Jack's spin on it was 'Coops being a big brother!'

Although the doorstop of the responsibility lies with the breeder/Jack's family who are enabling this behaviour. Just out of long-term treatment, in recovery, embarking on a long degree, raising her son, struggling with her mental health, ongoing social media addiction - with a tiny vulnerable mouth to feed. Grim all round.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
Excuse me while I grunk but is she pretending she doesn’t know what fifteens are? She bleeping knows what fifteens are, the lying little snek 🐍 she’s spoken about them before.

What this is is an active burying exercise of her behaviour earlier in the week. She knows she’ll get lots of engagement and it’ll all disappear…

Ps soup celery is a thing and I’ve yet to find it in England! I bring it back in my case.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
On the off-chance that Jack is reading this:

1. Getting a new pet because you think it will somehow "make you better" and/or to milk it for new CONTENT is a bad idea.
2. Please take her to a vet.
3. For the love of God, listen to their advice. Even if it's not what you want to hear. The needs of the pet must come before your own.
4. Take out pet insurance. We all know you can afford it, and that way you avoid having to hold out the begging bowl to your well-meaning followers when you need to pay for vet bills.

History tells me you'll disregard all of the above. I hope I'm wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 20.16.24.png

Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 20.16.30.png

I was just about to say, I doubt Jack will put much of the new kitten on Instagram as the viggles tend to have long memories...

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I love you squiggling the cats identities.

I do not like the new cat being introduced to a big, territorial house mate. Kebab Cat is not a fan of other cats, even her siblings so I would not take another in whilst she is here.

Cheap likes, bury the idiocy of this week with a kitten. How about growing up and being an adult in normal Britain. It's not that bad, even if you have lost the "sleb" status.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Mine too. I know it’s unlikely but I really hope she’s just looking after this little kitten overnight or something.
I actually feel sick. Sick at the thought of another pet in that house. Who will look after it they go to their part time job? I cannot believe they’ve done this. Selfish thoughtless thing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I’ve always treated this whole life debacle as being solely Jack, but I realise now that I’ve been very naive. This appears to be, as other people have pointed out, enabled behaviour. I know I’m preaching to the choir, but ffs. I think, in relation to SB’s father, that like called to like, deep called to deep, and he’s not much better than she is, and each family are just shrugging and leaving them to it. I may be wrong, but I don’t think so.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Jack's so Northern Irish she's never heard of fifteens, probably one of the most well known of our foods outside of NI :rolleyes:
She hasn’t heard of since she attempted them, it went wrong and she had to pretend it was beige rocky road. She should have made it into a postcard and sent it out to all her patreons.
Needless to say I’m offended on several fronts- crimes against traditional Irish food as a scouser, Greek food, and as a person who eats food and is a vegetarian.
To cheer myself up I’m thinking of making a pastitsio but with mutton and carrots and potatoes in like an Irish stew.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.