Jack Monroe #225 The squit has hit the pan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone wants a true chaos, Miguel is having a nightmare putting stick-on frosting on his windows.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Ffs art Jack again seriously. There will be prints of this being promised before the day is through.

I would like to say that I believe in the healing power of art for all and if a person finds comfort in drawing old photographs then I wholeheartedly support that.

Also, no harm in a shite drawing, I’ve certainly done plenty.

But this is just… “praise me squiggles! Aren’t I a special pixie?”
Agree wholeheartedly. I like doing creative things like drawing, stitching, origami, etc. I'm no good at any of it but I do it for myself. It's a lovely thing to do to relax and switch off. Every once in a while I make something that I'm proud of. In that case I usually gift it to a close friend or keep it myself somewhere. Most of the time I just shove it in a folder (not a ringbinder) or box and forget about it until I have a clear out. It's the act of making something rather than the outcome.

Taking a photo of your creative pursuits for your own and posting it to social media is the equivalent of ordering a diet coke with a big mac meal.

That smile hurts my face.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Agree wholeheartedly. I like doing creative things like drawing, stitching, origami, etc. I'm no good at any of it but I do it for myself. It's a lovely thing to do to relax and switch off. Every once in a while I make something that I'm proud of. In that case I usually gift it to a close friend or keep it myself somewhere. Most of the time I just shove it in a folder (not a ringbinder) or box and forget about it until I have a clear out. It's the act of making something rather than the outcome.

Taking a photo of your creative pursuits for your own and posting it to social media is the equivalent of ordering a diet coke with a big mac meal.

That smile hurts my face.
The lips look painful

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm grateful for Jack's lip filler refresh, and that Roadsidemum is compiling a zine about poverty

Also, this thread title makes me queasy, can't wait till it's over!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
When was it she was referring to her followers as 'flying monkeys'?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
It’s nice to do things purely for the enjoyment, sometimes.
673036F9-5F6F-4C28-BE46-47D6261A586C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 137
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.