Jack Monroe #225 The squit has hit the pan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A grey toneless drawing of what sounds like a really brightly coloured photo. Just whyyyy!!???

And why do a drawing of a photo anyway?
You know what I do when I am bored?

Write words beginning with the letter “s” with the “s” made out of diagonal lines.

Jack doesn’t know what she is missing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
We went to see my friend at the weekend and her children (2 & 4) were constantly showing us unrecognisable Lego structures, scribbles of “Rudolph” and their debut of a new type of forward roll and because they are lovely we were like “oh my goodness aren’t you a clever sausage that’s amazing” anyway big Jack and her followers vibes except she’s 33, mother to a child in secondary school and author of 6 (? 7?) books.

Does nothing to remedy her delusions of grandeur that these randoms with the lowest standards constantly applaud her utter mediocrity in every pursuit she undertakes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
I use a weak dilution of peppermint oil ( home bargains £1.50) to skoosh on bits of my grass to stop foxes from plopping on it. It really works. Seems to disturb their scent marking.

Maybe Jack is trying to deter herself from climbing on the furniture....(sideboards in particular)

Also.... vegetarian haggis is fantastic!
Bib 🦉🍾 can’t believe nobody has picked up on this 😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She was probs staying up til 2/3 expecting Patreon payday, alas for some reason it’s been delayed! Hopefully tomorrow? With next day delivery we could have some fresh tat for the judging by the weekend ✨

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Jack in the middle of the night: If I framed this, how much would you be willing to pay for it?

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 08.42.36.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Oh wow really, wearing a second-hand wedding dress and sitting on a chair on the beach looking at the sea on a stormy day with wellies and bright red hair? Jack were you a quirky15 year old in 2009 or summat?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Oh wow really, wearing a second-hand wedding dress and sitting on a chair on the beach looking at the sea on a stormy day with wellies and bright red hair? Jack were you a quirky 31 year old in 2009 or summat?
FTFY #1978truther

• Haha
  • Heart
Someone specifically praised her depiction of the sea, so let's take a closer look #artappreciation

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 08.57.33.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Good morning everyone, not been contributing much on these threads lately, I've been BUSY OK?

I do like to stay reading, especially while Jack is not being too triggering, as you all keep me laughing all day long.

How many different cures for insomnia has Jack had and told us that it is the perfect solution? Every couple of months she seems to come up with a new answer that is the best ever. From battery operated facemasks available from Amazon (aff link provided), to camomile tea, to clean sleep routine, to weighted blankets (gifted), to essential oil sprays. The most recent remedy is to get up and draw an old photograph and recommend eating cheese.:rolleyes:

By the way, I showed the drawing to my art school graduate partner for his opinion. I wanted to see what someone with real talent, who doesn't have a biased view of Jack, thinks, in case I was being too harsh. He said that it would barely scrape a low grade pass at GCSE. He went into a full on explanation of why the composition didn't work, why the pencil work was poor, perspective, no way of knowing where the light is coming from, flat and lifeless etc etc, but it all went over my head.

I think it looks like a child's attempt at an arty picture.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
You have to hand it to Jack Monet, she provides an endless well of comedy material.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Do you think we could put her forward for celebrity portrait artist of the year?

• Haha
  • Wow
The left arm of the chair looks like it's on backwards. No shade because that's how I used to draw, I suspect it's probably down to my astigmatism, generally poor vision and refusal to concentrate properly on anything that I wasn't instantly good at, which I wish someone had taken account of in my many many years of being asked to 'draw better' at school.

I do feel sorry for Deirdre Glasses and ADHD Jacks, but then I remember other Jack stuff and it wears off.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don't even believe she drew the bland pic last night. I reckon she found it in a pile of old papers and was waiting for the right opportunity to milk it for likes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Nigella is on the Christmas train. First up her Rocky Road, complete with linked recipe. And what an attractively presented dish it is too.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.