Jack Monroe #225 The squit has hit the pan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm against cancelling people but I cannot understand why Janey G wasn't cancelled after her racist tweets came to light. I read headlines and looked them up thinking it's probably a storm in a teacup. It wasn't. She was tweeting properly racist stuff a mere 5 years ago. She wasn't 16 then, they weren't terms that were OK then, but not now. Despicable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I'm against cancelling people but I cannot understand why Janey G wasn't cancelled after her racist tweets came to light. I read headlines and looked them up thinking it's probably a storm in a teacup. It wasn't. She was tweeting properly racist stuff a mere 5 years ago. She wasn't 16 then, they weren't terms that were OK then, but not now. Despicable.
I think she was fairly effectively cancelled but then she unlocked her account to announce she was being treated for cancer and all the blue ticks immediately swarmed round her again.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Do you think we could put her forward for celebrity portrait artist of the year?
I know quoting myself is a bit gauche darlings, but I think I need to make it clear. I meant as a contestant NOT a sitter. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I know quoting myself is a bit gauche darlings, but I think I need to make it clear. I meant as a contestant NOT a sitter. 😂
🙄 can you imagine her as a sitter, single tattooed mother, writer, author, campaigner, total gobsite, she would not shut up, and which face/hairstyle/ears would she choose?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
🙄 can you imagine her as a sitter, single tattooed mother, writer, author, campaigner, total gobsite, she would not shut up, and which face/hairstyle/ears would she choose?
Never mind the face, which sideboard would it be?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It wasn't just tweets. She has a podcast with her equally horrible daughter. There's a tweet which someone put together with all the nasty recordings.
General bullying and nastiness, but also racial slurs especially the 'P' word for travellers. Several times her daughter says 'you can't say that' and they both shriek with laughter. It is horrible.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
The water is quite good but I’ve looked at the chair for ages and all I see that it is elevated and tipping forward. The hair is also terrible.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm manifesting this happening with THAT MAN as the sitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
We have a show over here called 'Anh's Brush With Fame', where he chats away with a celebrity whilst painting their portrait. She'd absolutely love to be on something like that. Not only would she get to talk about her favourite subject, she'd get a picture of it too!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Has there been any update on her framing and posting her tree photo?
I presume that idea fizzled out as randomly as it started. Just hope nobody actually sent her money.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
What's the best thing for insomnia? Using a phone or tablet.....🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ffs art Jack again seriously. There will be prints of this being promised before the day is through.

I would like to say that I believe in the healing power of art for all and if a person finds comfort in drawing old photographs then I wholeheartedly support that.

Also, no harm in a shite drawing, I’ve certainly done plenty.

But this is just… “praise me squiggles! Aren’t I a special pixie?”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Off topic I know, but hope the mods won't mind for this

Can I ask you all to give a thought (and a prayer if that is what you believe) for all those that have died from AIDS related illnesses. It is world AIDS day, and I will always miss my late partner and the countless friends that I lost to that awful illness. Many people will today be remembering their partners, friends, relatives that were taken from us at such a young age. Thanks to the doctors and scientists that have worked to ensure that HIV is no longer the death sentence it once was for those lucky enough to live in affluent countries. However there are people in African countries, and others, that for various reasons, are still unable to receive the treatments that should be available to all.

Don't reply to this as I don't want to derail the thread. Thank You.

• Heart
Reactions: 165
I think she was fairly effectively cancelled but then she unlocked her account to announce she was being treated for cancer and all the blue ticks immediately swarmed round her again.
Oh, I didn't realise. Interesting that being ill makes being racist ok.

I don't want to sound callous. She obviously deserves good treatment and in her personal life I hope she has people who look after her. She does not deserve a platform or to be fawned over on Twitter.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.