Jack Monroe #225 The squit has hit the pan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. Looked into getting a diffuser a while ago but when I looked at how far the droplets (however diffuse) could land, I wasn’t happy that the dog would be in contact with them.

You cannot be too careful with animals.
I wouldn't fancy inhaling the droplets either.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes absolutely x

I did a lovely class a couple of months ago on aromatherapy basics and made a little spritzer which is brilliant for making face masks smell nice. We learned that the max combo should really never be more than 3 different oils (or you get sensory slop) and an astringent (we used witch hazel) needs to be added. There’s really nothing she can’t duck up, is there?
Out of interest what ratio of oil to water did they advise?

Reactions: 14
She can't use them properly, so she is just wasting them which defeats the object.
Aren't people who have been poor generally quite careful not to waste their luxuries? If I had spunked £££ on, or been gifted fancy essential oils, I would certainly use them sparingly.

Reactions: 26
Those diffusers and things are awful. There's lots of information stating they should be used sparingly as they can cause breathing problems if not done correctly.

Wish she would just leave things alone.
I used to burn scented candles bur read the horror stories and now I only use soy candles and I only use them sparingly.

Reactions: 24
Out of interest what ratio of oil to water did they advise?
I think it depends on the scent/oils you’ve chosen and strength you want, but we made 30ml bottles and used maybe 8/9 drops? Doing it under the instructions of someone who knew what they were doing made a huge difference though, as it didn’t come out as a milky oily mess (like Jack’s, or TBF, my previous efforts).

Reactions: 19
Also 🤦🏻‍♀️ at seeing she has Neroli in her essential sleepy slop mix - I wouldn’t dare buy this as it’s so beautiful but so expensive and I’d fear wasting it.

I’m really not a very knowledgeable aroma-Frau but am astonished by all the ways she finds to appall me.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The poor postman was probably coughing and choking with tears running down his face considering the cacophony of smells that must emanate from her letter box. There's slop simmering in the bedroom slow cooker, rancid puddings steaming for hours, landlady's eucalyptus in the bathroom, a citrus and black pepper spray, a floral and herbal spray, Penhaligon's, tea-soaked prunes, eggs, fish, fermenting vinegar and god knows what else #prayerforthepostie

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Lively spray - completed it mate! 🙄

She‘s liked this tweet, I wonder why? Maybe this years Express festive column will be to thank Wills & Kate-mate?

9C971054-AE2B-4090-8897-39C839ECF825.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Well if she does get on the new year honours then it will raise her profile and the tax paying or lack of it will be exposed so I’m here for it.
All those who have stolen her ideas or taken her thunder have been recipients of awards, but our Jackie Girl has an OFM and honoury degree…
Oh Dads an MBE don’t ya know?
Jackie is still waiting for her annoitment…

• Haha
Reactions: 23
A reply to the comment about ‘NO!’ on the lid of the squash bottle. Yeah, that’s great. A rubber band as a tactile warning as well as the writing. Why not just not put the hideous concoction in a drinks bottle in the first place? Or at least not store it next to other drinkables? You can imagine a chef’s knife, stored in a drawer with softly soft soft gloves, and tips to ‘wrap the blade in fabric’ and write ‘OUCHIE SHARP!’ on the blade, rather than just putting it back in the knife rack.

01487A2A-73DB-4A58-9613-55CB0369BD3F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.