Jack Monroe #225 The squit has hit the pan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her talking about not having to justify how much stuff she has while still doing it and then claiming it’s growth is actually even more mortifying than being on the defensive in the first place.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Also, in the middle of the night suggests getting out of bed. So is she swigging undiluted squash and then brushing her teeth again or is she swigging and then going straight back to bed?

So many questions.
Yeah I am sorry to say but the only times I've ever got out of bed in the middle of the night to reach for a bottle of juice is when I've been dehydrated after being out on the lash.

ETA never diluting juice obvs. I'm not a complete animal.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
TDLR

1. Essential oils aren’t essential
2. Jack doesn’t dilute squash
3. Jack doesn’t keep (potentially non) diluted squash in the fridge
4. Jack uses dangerous non-essential hydrophobic liquids around Coops.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Ah that'll be a bottle from the Robinson's grapefruit squash that Jack hates and doesn't drink.

My understanding re cats and essential oils is that the risk is still present even when diluted. Reduced risk, but can still pose a danger. If cooper walks, lays on or rubs against a surface sprayed with those (50 drops per litre is NOT a small amount btw Jack), then grooms himself, he'd ingest the oils 😕

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Surely if you are alert and awake enough to be able to read the big “no” on the cap, you’d also be awake enough to notice if the bottle was clear with a slight slick of oil, or the familiar orange/purple of most squashes 🤷‍♀️
I frequently swig undiluted squash by accident as I’m used to carrying a water bottle with me so sometimes my smol pixie brain forgets a step. Having any inedible/potentially toxic liquids stored next to drinks in the same bottles seems like a ridiculous risk 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
My understanding re cats and essential oils is that the risk is still present even when diluted. Reduced risk, but can still pose a danger. If cooper walks, lays on or rubs against a surface sprayed with those (50 drops per litre is NOT a small amount btw Jack), then grooms himself, he'd ingest the oils 😕
I agree. Looked into getting a diffuser a while ago but when I looked at how far the droplets (however diffuse) could land, I wasn’t happy that the dog would be in contact with them.

You cannot be too careful with animals.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Having any inedible/potentially toxic liquids stored next to drinks in the same bottles seems like a ridiculous risk 🤷‍♀️
It does, actually, especially with a kid in the house. And also stuff can leak out the cap if it's stored sideways in a winerack.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Oil (famously) doesn’t mix with water without an additional product to make the oils soluble.

So that’s a diluting juice bottle full of slightly grotty water and some essential oils sitting on the top. Which makes it an absolute weapon to her cat.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
I agree. Looked into getting a diffuser a while ago but when I looked at how far the droplets (however diffuse) could land, I wasn’t happy that the dog would be in contact with them.

You cannot be too careful with animals.
He saying "50 drops" like it's only a small amount too. Recommended amount of oils to add to a bath is around 6-10 drops. For a whole bath full of water. 50 in that squash bottle is not highly diluted, when it comes to essential oils. She hasn't a clue, but talks like she does, again.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
He saying "50 drops" like it's only a small amount too. Recommended amount of oils to add to a bath is around 6-10 drops. For a whole bath full of water. 50 in that squash bottle is not highly diluted, when it comes to essential oils. She hasn't a clue, but talks like she does, again.
If I was feeling up to it I would calculate the ppm*, but typing the word ‘hydrophobic’ has done me in for the day.

*I wouldn’t, I am watching a tit programme called Taking New York.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
That's what I was going to say. I don't have a diffuser but have on occasion used essential oils in the bath. I only use a few drops for a whole tub. 50 drops per litre seems a ridiculously high amount of concentration. Also ££££££.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Mmmmmm a mix of loads of oils in grotty water.

Love how confusing that would smell and how totally pointless that would be.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Why would you swig from a squash bottle in the middle of the night?

Squash needs diluting?
Stop getting squash wrong!

Surely if you are alert and awake enough to be able to read the big “no” on the cap, you’d also be awake enough to notice if the bottle was clear with a slight slick of oil, or the familiar orange/purple of most squashes 🤷‍♀️
I frequently swig undiluted squash by accident as I’m used to carrying a water bottle with me so sometimes my smol pixie brain forgets a step. Having any inedible/potentially toxic liquids stored next to drinks in the same bottles seems like a ridiculous risk 🤷‍♀️
SHE HAS NO SENSE OF SMELL! It explains so much. #nosetruther

• Haha
Reactions: 28
So basically, Jack wakes up in the middle of the night, (maybe puts on clothes? Occasional thot shots suggest she sleeps naked), goes downstairs, finds her wine rack, carefully checks that she's got the right bottle to avoid drinking something toxic, takes a swig of undiluted squash, then goes back to bed.

Call me a total freak, but personally I just keep some water on my bedside table. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.