Jack Monroe #221 She is the antichrist of nourishment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd love to hear more from Daddy Hadj since I assume he's the one who takes care of the Monroe household pets. By all accounts Jack has been AWAY rather a lot lately. Guarantee he isn't taking the whole rabbit's hutch to his gaff and back.

Reactions: 26
If it was to be a family pet why not let SB name it and not just suggest it has a middle name?
Or is it a ‘my pet as my reward for my recovery, and they’ll love me and be reliant on me but in a far less complex way than my child’ type of acquisition??

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I might be behind but I’m suggesting she calls it Customs. As in her majesty’s revenue and customs.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I don’t get why people around her are actually letting her run with these barmy ideas?

She surely couldn’t leave a kitten with a cat the size of the one she already has, it would be mauled. Which means it requires more care and attention and it’s like having a newborn baby - it’s constant for the first while. She just has a massive void in her life and nothing will ever fill that black hole. All the kittens all the money in the world would never fill the black hole as that’s what the narcissism is - a huge need for constant validation and attention.

Jack, you can’t go running when diva call for a shoot or an emergency AA meeting is on. No yomping down the chip shop for chips, you have to look after the kitten. But we all know Jack’s need for Jack will always come out on top, and the poor little kitten is a life that will be played with for narcissistic gain. It makes me want to cry for the kitten.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I know that in 12-step programmes, there is a lot of guidance about what to do in the first year of your recovery - no dating etc. I would have thought that for someone new in recovery, taking on the responsibility of a new pet would surely be advised against?

This is all so gross. SB's dad needs to spay his bleeping cat, and Jack should not be taking on a new kitten, no matter how much Twitter attention it gives her.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I know that in 12-step programmes, there is a lot of guidance about what to do in the first year of your recovery - no dating etc. I would have thought that for someone new in recovery, taking on the responsibility of a new pet would surely be advised against?
Not to be facetious but I knew that from a Sandra Bullock film. Anyone who thinks that this is a good idea needs help with their knowledge acquisition and decision-making skills.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I do feel quite sorry for SB'S dad as he has another child with a serious lifelong health condition and they require a lot of extra care and support. I know how hard that is and for a single parent, it must be extra hard. He does seem to be a good dad. He definitely comes across as a Tim Nice But Dim type which I think Essexgirl confirmed but more politely. However for breeding animals I also think he is a bleep, because the last thing over-subscribed and underfunded rescues need is breeders. It's not good for the planet or the kittens either.
Jack sent a threatening legal letter to essexgirl iirc which means she has the spare money to fritter but it also shows her up for the controlling narc she is. It's very nasty. I wish her dirty actions were more widely known. I'd love to see her publicly disowned by the rats leaving a sinking ship blue tickers.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I think we need to perhaps lay off with the negative stuff about SB’s dad. Nothing’s been confirmed, and the thread isn’t about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Are we using literary characters/authors now?

Bring it on.

Charlotte( of the web, Gray or Brontë clan- I feel Charlotte covers a lot of bases).

Carrie of course. We love a bit of Stephen King (or for those with a more fashionable leaning see below)

Candace

I am getting bored. It isn’t funny. She isn’t funny. Don’t get a kitten.

Reactions: 26
My immediate thought when I read this morning's tweet and it's oddly specific requirements was it related to a god-awful work of fiction she's penning and it's a female character she wants to name.

Reactions: 13
Ugh... I thought I'd got over my loathing of Jack...but... I haven't! Apart from what might be the impending horror of her getting a new pet, all this secret squirrel breadcrumbing and hinting just confirms that she's a needy nobend.

Queen Cnut

Reactions: 23
Is naming your child after a burger joint gauche? duck's sake, come on Fiveguys Sideboard, we need to go back to the registry office.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Compton. Might as well go full Hotel California on poor LJC!
I'll never get over the rice paper deceased childhood pets on revoltingly coloured smoothie bowls. Imagine being faced with that at 5am.

The good news is that the new cat mustn't have any obvious developmental issues since that would've supplied the name right away like poor 'Pretzel'. Wired up.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.