Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Just a quick message to say -Nominations for the sloppies are now open:

Didn't want to take the main thread off topic so have created an off topic thread hope that's ok (also it will make keeping track of all the nominations probably a lot easier!)

I didn't know whether to tag it as Jack Monroe or not though so will leave that decision in the hands of God...or the mods. Either will do. Now, I have 3 threads to grunk and some beer battered sprouts to unsee

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I’ve just finished listening to the podcast and have a few musings if you will.

1. Her voice is not made for podcasts or infact any form of spoken word.
2. She again repeated the ‘I’m not attending every argument I’m invited to’ So you can bet your house she’s coined this phrase from someone
3. I have no experience with addiction however the way she talks about is so casually is almost like she’s one of those people who infiltrate a group to see how they conduct themselves. She’s cosplaying. I don’t for a second believe she is an alcoholic. I believe she’s had a few too many sometimes and in her desperation to label herself this is what had came out.
4. I agree with @MancBee she loves no subject more than talking about herself! Then she can’t help it and the lies just come out
5. I do agree with her saying she’s allowed to change her mind or opinion. But not outright lying for attention!
6. I don’t know what I got from that interview other than Jack talking about Jack and making AA sound like playgroup. It was really weird.

I don’t get the purpose at all other than trying to sound good.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Tin hat Jack 🤣 That could be her next cosplay outfit. She could wear it to another political conference. I think she has done something with or for most parties by now.

My cervix is neither gifted or talented as no one has ever commented on it despite babies and smear tests. Verily it must be distinctly average rather than the best ever and no one clapped or cheered 😞

Why you cry
My cervix is not high
Nor does it fly
At least it isn't dry
Or creamy like a pie
Now I say bye

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Re: the podcast -

She’s been ~in the vulgarities of fame~ for over a decade now. We’ve been here less than two years. Are we also to blame for the fact she’s never married, had multiple failed engagements, was allegedly an alcoholic back when she was vile about a deceased child’s family, never bought a house, a car, never professionally developed, and still applies makeup like a 5 year old? Just curious x

• Heart
  • Haha

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I’m re-reading the threads from last Christmas and this is Jack’s attempt at toad in the hole. Can someone tell me what the black specks are? Surely not POBP? I have never seen something look so unappetising!

655FA8FA-7D1C-4C5D-A8CF-BF8DD61A78F6.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha

Adayinthelife

you know why some people have ridiculously early bedtimes for their kids? So they can drink in peace, and ‘honestly’ say they never drink around the kids. Been there, done that Jack. It’s classic addict parent behaviour

• Heart
  • Sad

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Pod is live everyone 🎉 🎊 .

She thinks the cover looks like her on a really really good day. She wants to wave it in front the people who were mean to her in school and tease “I’m on a magazine, I’m on a magazine.”

I think that sets the tone ( I haven’t got far btw, it might get better)

She bought the beige suit #nospendyear
she uses the term addiction and addict in a very loose way. Please be warned. She says she can be addicted to anything, Twitter, tea, rings, sideboards, alcohol, sleeping pills. I think this is very harmful to those who are actually suffering from addiction to substances that are known to be psychologically and biologically addictive.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 65

colouredlines

VIP Member
Back home bird migration has not yet started, but here in London the season has already claimed a rather exotic-looking victim.

20211109_095535.jpg

Oh the humanity...

• Haha
  • Sad

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
No visits since the pandemic started but I visit Scotland a lot - the actual land of my father (best thing I got from him) and I don’t eat that much battered and deep fried stuff there. Its a lazy meme based off chippys isn’t it? Those who live there please let me know if I’m wrong. If she stuffed the brioche with haggis and dunked them in whisky I would get a Scottish theme. (I love haggis).
Yeah it's just a lazy stereotype, the more conspiratorial minded would say it's in order to blame our mortality rate on our diet rather than on, say, deep-rooted generational poverty.

Did Jack or literally anyone at Diva not notice the glaring contradiction of Jack complaining about the "vulgarities of celebrity" from the front page of a magazine, or indeed from a gloating accompanying podcast? <Carrie Bradshaw voice> I couldn't help but wonder .... why is everyone so freaking stupid?

• Heart
  • Haha

Emmapism

VIP Member
I think it was a rather clever move from the smol pixie. (accidentally of course).

If you google 'Jack Monroe Liar/Lie' it brings up her Boris rant and not much else for pages and pages. She's cleverly buried her own lies with it, making it harder to find out that's she's a food hating grifter who lies about everything.

Well played, Jack.
Does anyone remember the time that Boris Johnson claimed in an interview he painted/decorated little buses or something like that and it was batshit crazy?

So that when you Google Boris Johnson and 'bus' that's the clip, not the Brexit bus '350 mil for the NHS' bullshit.

Two cheeks of the same arse.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
“People have got long memories”

Yes. We have.

her talking about her stuff helps people apparently. All started from “hunger hurts”. No it doesn’t Jack. Your triggering, cancer-baiting, trivialising posts are horrendous. They make people on here feel horrid. Her final message is that recovery is possible from a very dark place. I don’t know how I feel about this, given what we are seeing on SM at the moment.

She is now saying that one of the traditions of AA is being told that talking about others is harmful and so essentially gossip kills and that the only reason she was in that place was because of the lies and the gossip that was done to her. I am so sorry to those that might read this and feel how she is using the DIVA platform for her own advantage and has not represented AA correctly 🥺.

Don’t listen.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 64